Working Gundams Soon?

Ever since I saw Gundam Wing, I was wondering when some people might think about doing this…

http://gizmodo.com/344080/how-much-would-it-cost-to-make-a-life+size-working-gundam

For those who don’t know about Gundams or Heero Yuy,

I miss the old anime

Matt

Working Gundams Soon?

At a certain point, physics would get in the way, I’m afraid.

Working Gundams Soon?

I’d say I’m afraid Lin is right, but that makes me sound like I know more than she, like I was about to break into a detailed explanation. I’m much too lazy and/or ignorant of all the engineering nuances to do so, however.

Working Gundams Soon?

Until we find a way around it.

Working Gundams Soon?

Well, let’s say we bump up the budget to 1.4 billion instead? Let’s get going…

Working Gundams Soon?

It’s the flying part that makes the whole Gundam series unwatchable from an engineer’s perspective.

For the most part, I don’t really understand why a walking unit would be practical, let alone used in favor of a wheeled or airborne one.

Working Gundams Soon?

I always hated gundam the most out of all the robotic stuff I seen.

I’d much rather have A.D.A. from Zone Of The Enders.

Working Gundams Soon?

ya’ll just haters, HATERS

matt

Working Gundams Soon?

Oooo, wrong wrong wrong. I quite enjoy the Mobile Suit Gundam series… not so much Wing, as it’s not part of the central timeline of the others, but I quite enjoy Gundam.

In fact, I recently finished buying all the DVDs for Z-Gundam (where Char isn’t Char, and he flies around in a pink robot (can’t remember the model off the top of my head)).

Working Gundams Soon?

Because anthropomorphism is just so much cooler.

Working Gundams Soon?

Tell me why Gundams are cool then I might stop hating them. They walk slow as all hell and looks like they can get the shit kicked out of them from any other robots from nearly any other anime.

Working Gundams Soon?

Just watch the show man, they can get fast when they want to. You are right about one thing, in the show Eureka 7, which I have to say is one of the greatest anime since DBZ, the Nirvash is probably faster than Mobile Suits and Mobile Dolls but probably just as fast as Gundam 0 or Tallgesse.

here is a place to watch the series…

http://www.animeviewer.net/category/anime-episodes/gundam-wing/page/3/

watch a couple of the last episodes with the most advanced gundams

Matt

P.S.

remember that this show was made in 1995.

Working Gundams Soon?

Well, first you have to distinguish between the “Super Robot” type of shows and the “Real Robot” type of shows (terms which I’m getting from wikipedia, that claim to originate from the “Super Robot Wars” series of games, which I am taking on faith for the sake of the fact I don’t have time to research it while typing this post). For the sake of argument, we’re going to put all the hybrid shows into the “Super Robot” category. It all comes down to opinion really. Big fans of “Super Robot” shows probably wouldn’t like “Real Robot” shows and vice versa. You don’t really have to like one or the other, or any for that matter. I, personally, like both. I find they both have their good points, and bad.

P.S. Mobile Suit Gundam premiered in 1979, two years after Star Wars.

Yeah, that last bit doesn’t add much, but I felt like saying it.

Working Gundams Soon?

Sorry but to me a robot = a robot. Anyways I seen a ferw episodes of gundam before and the designs just make me think they din’t even try. Wasn’t Neon Genisis made around in the mid 90’s too?

Working Gundams Soon?

Technically, these aren’t robots. They piloted humanoid vehicles.

Working Gundams Soon?

It wouldn’t be hard to get some computer system to control them. Or at least put remote controls on them.

Either way I like the zone of the ender robot/ships the most out of any other type.

Working Gundams Soon?

Because anthropomorphism is just so much cooler.[/quote]

Yes. Yes it is. I don’t really know what the hell that has to do with anything, though.

Working Gundams Soon?

Oh, yes, I was going to get into the Macross fighter designs (which I still refer to as Veritechs, since Robotech was my first exposure to them), but I just didn’t have the energy at the time.

Working Gundams Soon?

It’s relevant because that’s why these things are not on wheels etc. and still cool.

And whoever said it would be ‘easy’ that is the wrong term to use for what it would be like creating a computer to independently control these things.

Working Gundams Soon?

And it’s not relevant because the question was of practicality.