Treatment? Chapter Six.

http://abdlstoryforum.myfastforum.org/about755.html
http://abdlstoryforum.myfastforum.org/sutra8037.php#8037
http://abdlstoryforum.myfastforum.org/sutra8037.php#8037
http://abdlstoryforum.myfastforum.org/about761.html

Back in the intake room, Dawn situated her stack of papers. “There are a few things I want to go through with you Kelsey, just some rules and expectations. First things first, as you were explained at dinner, you are on a 2 week probation. Everybody is on this
when they first arrive. After that you may request passes during the weekend and non-group hours. You may leave in the evenings as well as long as you are back by 10pm. That is our curfew here. That also means no smoking or anything past then. The doors are closed and locked. You may bring your own food, pop etc. here. Just label it or it may disappear. There is no food or beverages in the living area or in your rooms. You are, however, allowed water in your room as we understand that some meds can cause dry mouth. Please clean up after yourself whenever is needed. Everyday one person is appointed table duty, which consists of wiping it down before and after meals. And vaccuuming that area after dinner. You are not responsible to clean up anyone else’s food at this time. That is each person’s personal responsibility. Here is a schedule of groups for the week. You are expected to attend each one and fulfill the duties of these groups. Every morning you should be up and ready by 9am for our morning check-in. During this time we talk about any news for the day, you are reminded of appointments or reminding us of them. You also are able to talk about your plans if any. We like residents to have their meds taken by this time as well if any. You will be assigned a primary counselor who you will meet tomorrow. They are here Monday through Friday. Your primary is Diane, she will introduce herself tomorrow. She will also explain a few more things that I may or may not have covered as well as your treatment plan. Every thirty days you will have a meeting with your primary where you will discuss your progress. Al-”
“Every thirty days? I am only here for 28 days I thought.” Kelsey interrupted.
“Nope, this is a dual diagnosis 90 day program. There are chances that residents are not here for the entire 90 days, but mostly people stay their full term.” Dawn corrected.
“No, the doctor told me that it was a 28 day program, I am positive.” Kelsey added.
“Well I’m sorry to break it to you that they were wrong. This is not just an addiction program, this includes mental health. We have a range of disorders we work with, including yours. Which I was informed of, you suffer Dysthimia and Borderline Personality Disorder, correct?” Dawn inquired.
“They never diagnosed me with anything! At least I was not informed. I don’t understand what’s going on here. Are you sure that I am the right Kelsey you were expecting?”
Dawn snickered, “Yes, you are the right one. I am guessing because you were in and out so fast at the psych ward, they just faxed us this information to work with you on. It happens sometimes. Your primary and you can talk about these diagnosis tomorrow and she can explain what you need or want to know. You will also talk to the on unit psychiatrist to make sure the diagnosis is legit. Back to rules now, every Monday morning, you will meet with all other residents where you, as a group, decide what days you will have table duty, and what days you will do your laundry. At that time as well you will need to bring your dirty sheets and pick up a clean pair. You are responsible to wash your cover blankets with your laundry once a week. We also do room checks, so make sure you keep clean and organized. I’m sure you won’t have any trouble though. Also, med counter is open at 8pm to 10pm each night so please make sure to get them in that alotted time. It is also open at 7am to 9am each morning. If you have meds that are taken at other times, just come to the office window and someone will assist you in that. With the residents here, there are no intimate relationships allowed, you are to stay out of each other’s rooms. You can visit in the living area. We also advise that you do not lend money, phones or cigarettes and such to each other. Please be responsible for your own needs. We ask that you shower at least every other day and wear clean clothes. It just makes it livable for each of you. There will always be 2 or more staff counselors on duty. During the weekdays the director and the doctor and nurse are here, as well as the therapist. Drugs, over the counter meds, alcohol and sharps are not permitted here and will have great consequences. You may have a razor for shaving and curling irons and mirrors, but they will be kept in the office and you may sign them out whenever you like. You are allowed visitors but they may only be here for up to an hour. This building is small and there is not much room for everyone to have visitors all day long. Lunch and dinner are delivered from the hospital and breakfast is up to you to make. There are also plenty of groceries we purchase. During your Monday morning meeting, you and the other residents will put together a list of groceries. You will not be allowed to wear any type of alcohol related or drug related clothes. No hats or posters of this type are also banned. When using the resident phone please keep calls to about 10 minutes each. If the phone rings, it is the residents’ responsibility to answer. If somebody is not here, do not give out their whereabouts to anyone. Just take a message. There are a list of callers that people refuse to talk to, so make sure you ask who is calling first before handing it over. I think I have pretty much covered the basic, do you have any questions Kelsey?”
“Not right now but I will ask if I do later.” Kelsey answered.
“Ok, let’s finish this paperwork so you can get settled.” Dawn finished.
Kelsey signed some releases and HIPPA forms as well as acknowledgements. And finally the intake was finished. Dawn brought Kelsey’s belongings into the room to search for any contraband. Kelsey watched as Dawn rummaged her suitcase.
“Ok, let’s get you to your room so you can unpack and settle.” Dawn said as she swung the bag on her shoulder and pulled the handle on her suitcase out and handed Kelsey her pillow and such.
Dawn pushed her across the hall and pulled the door to her room open. It was a simple room. A twin sized bed, a nightstand and a tall closet. There was a plastic hamper in one corner and a small trash can. There were two white towels and a washcloth placed on the bed. Dawn set her suitcase on the bed and looked at her, “Do you need any help putting things away, Kelsey?”
Kelsey shook her head, “No thanks, I don’t think I’ll put much away tonight. I am really tired, I think I will just take it easy from here.”
Dawn nodded her head, “Ok, I’ll check back in a short while.” Dawn walked out of the room.
Kelsey looked around, feeling really homesick. She put her hands on the bed and pulled herself to it. She moaned at the dull pain that throbbed in her ribcage as she did this. She wobbled a bit and lost balance. She felt the bursting pain shoot through her leg as her foot hit the floor. She let herself fall on the wheelchair and she was almost lethargic as she let the shock and nausea wear off slowly. “Im going to have to figure a way to make this work.” She told herself softly. She geared up for another fight to the bed. She once again pulled herself up and hopped on her one foot to turn around. She let her butt plop on the bed and sighed. “This sucks.” She retorted. She pushed the suitcase to the floor, ignoring the dull aches throughout her body as she moved. She carefully brought her leg up and laid herself down. She took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. All the events from the past few days ran over and over in her mind until her eyes became heavy.
Dawn came back after about 30 minutes to check on Kelsey and to administer her meds. She knocked on the door quietly and heard nothing. She knocked again a little louder. When she only heard silence again she peeked into the room. She quietly walked over to the bed and tapped Kelsey’s shoulder.
Kelsey slowly opened her eyes and squinted while her eyes adjusted. Her body was so tired it had quickly relaxed and put her into deep sleep.
“I have your Tylenol, do you want it?” Dawn asked quietly. Kelsey nodded and began to slowly sit up with Dawn’s help. Dawn handed her the pills and a glass of water.
“Is there anything else you need? The night staff will be here soon and we usually meet for about 20 minutes filling them in on any intakes and such. I won’t be back until the weekend again. But I look forward to getting to know you.”
“Can you help me to the bathroom so I can brush my teeth and stuff?” Kelsey asked.
Dawn nodded and helped her slowly back into the wheelchair. Kelsey showed Dawn where her supplies were and Dawn handed them to her. She pushed her into the hallway and to the bathroom. Ashley was in there washing her face. “Hi Kelsey.” She said .
Kelsey smiled back. She wet her toothbrush and added the paste and began brushing her teeth. After she finished she looked at Dawn, “I have to go to the bathroom too.”
Dawn pushed her to the stall and once again helped her onto the toilet. Dawn closed the stall and waited for Kelsey to finish.

Treatment? Chapter Six.

Just wait the diapers are comming when she gose to sleep . She going to wet in the night time. Kelsey needs find out why they send here there more then 90 days like they said to first time only 30 days.

Treatment? Chapter Six.

I think there was some mistake and they got two patients mixed up. They brought the wrong Kelsey.