Timberly, Ohio (or "How I Ended Up at Prom in Diapers") - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Darrin Mavarick held my waist as we swayed back and forth to the music. He was wearing a very classy tuxedo with a light blue vest and pinstripe jacket. As handsome as he already was, under the lights he looked like the most stunning man in the world. I looked back down at myself to admire my own clothing. It was a long baby blue dress, matching the color of Darrin’s vest, made of satin and decorated throughout with sparkling beads. It reminded me of the kind of gowns that princesses wore in fairy tales. I couldn’t help but eye around the room. All the other couples were glancing over at our beauty.

I looked up at Darrin’s face, his eyes sparkling like the beads on my gown. He smiled at me. “How are you feeling, Amber?” he asked.

“I feel great,” I replied. “Thank you for taking me to prom.”

“I wouldn’t want it any other way. You know that you’re the girl for me.”

His arms pulled me in closer to him, and I could smell a pleasant cologne around me. I looked up at him, staring straight into his eyes. His eyes stared straight back into mine. It was a magical moment. We both knew what was coming next. We leaned our heads towards each other, and I closed my eyes to prepare—

“Can I get everyone’s attention?”

I opened my eyes and turned around. Cynthia Resnik, the student body president, stood on the stage at the microphone. I looked back at Darrin. He was staring up at the stage as well. Damn, and I was so close! Oh well. I looked back up and listened in.

Cynthia held up a golden envelope. “I’m pleased to announce the members of this year’s Prom Royalty. First our Prom King is…” She tore open the envelope and revealed a piece of paper. “…Darrin Maverick!”

Everyone applauded. I smiled at Darrin and hugged him. I was proud of him, although honestly, who else could it have possibly been? I could bet every single other girl in the room was jealous that he chose me as his date. Darrin walked up onto the stage, received his crown and sash, and smiled out towards his people.

Cynthia continued on, revealing a second envelope. “And now our Prom Queen… Jade Schneider!”

I gasped. Jade was here? Sure enough, I saw my best friend walk up to the stage to the sound of clapping. I had absolutely no idea that someone had asked her to the senior prom. I didn’t even know a sophomore could be nominated for Prom Royalty. Guess that shows how much I know. Jade looked amazing as well. She wore a beautiful red dress, and the sash and tiara she just received matched perfectly.

“And now for one more thing,” Cynthia went on. “Announcing our first ever Prom Baby… Amber McCormand!”

No applause. Instead, I felt a bright spotlight from out of nowhere fall onto me. I was confused. Prom what? That’s when I felt it. I was wearing a diaper under my dress.

“Come on, Amber,” Cynthia said, looking down at me. “Come on up to the stage, sweetie.”

Not sure what else to do, I slowly crept towards the stage. I felt like every single person’s eyes were glued to me, or more specifically, the padding under my dress. Was it noticeable? I looked down and saw that no longer was I wearing my beautiful blue dress. Rather, it was replaced a short skirt barely covering the diaper. As I walked up to the stage, I tried to pull it down, but no luck. In fact with each tug, it got a little bit shorter.

“Hurry up sweetie!” Cynthia called out to me in a patronizing voice. “Your guests are waiting.”

I heard students begin to snicker. Soon the snickers turned into giggles, and the giggles turned into laughter. I blushed with embarrassment. By the time I got to the stairs, my skirt no longer covered the diaper. Somehow my hair had also braided itself into pigtails. I must have looked like an oversized baby.

I tried to climb up the stairs, but with each step, I felt my diaper thicken and I lost the sense of balance in the legs. Pretty soon I had to resort to crawling up, each step more difficult than the last. How many steps were there? This was taking forever.

Finally I made it to the top of the stage. Unable to stand up, I just sat down on the stage with my legs spread out, my diaper in full view towards all the students. Every single person was howling with laughter. I looked back up at the stage. Cynthia was laughing. Darrin was laughing. Even my best friend Jade was laughing. I couldn’t take this humiliation and started to tear in my eyes.

“Aw, is the baby gonna cry?” Cynthia said to me, making a pouty face. “Here, maybe this will make you feel better.” She produced a giant blue pacifier in her hand and promptly stuck it in my mouth. I had no choice but to suck on it. I cried harder. The laughter only got harder. I sucked louder, hoping to drown the sound of the laughter out. What was going on?

Suddenly, the noise changed. No more sucking. No more laughing. Just… beeping.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

My eyes shot open. I took a few seconds to think over all the images that went through my mind to conclude that it was just a dream. But wow, what a dream.

I stretched my body out, feeling awake and relaxed. Even though what I slept in last night was basically a giant crib, strangely enough it was the best sleep I’ve had in ages. Comfy mattress indeed. I looked over at my cell phone, which was violently vibrating and beeping atop my dresser. My hand lunged for it to turn it off the annoying sound. The time on the phone read “6:30”. Time to get ready for school.

I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, if that was even the appropriate name for it. It had a sink, a mirror, cabinets, and a bathtub, but no toilet. Instead there was a giant changing table, stacked with a colorful assortment of diapers. It made me wonder, what if someone over eighteen occupied my bedroom? Would someone come and install a toilet? Seems like a lot of work just to enforce a silly rule.

Speaking of silly rules, I redirected my attention towards the diaper, er, Sleeptite, currently wrapped around my waist. I was more than ready to get it off me, but before I did, I realized I really needed to relieve myself. I hadn’t peed since the emergency situation yesterday afternoon. Was this the moment that Amber McCormand would pee in a diaper?

Not if I could help it. I did what any person would do in this situation. During my shower, I went in the tub. Sure that sounds gross but I actually once read an article that a lot of women do that, it’s not that unsanitary, and that it’s good for people with athlete’s foot (not that I had athlete’s foot, but still). I do not feel the need to go into details about this experience, but nonetheless after the shower I was both relieved and squeaky clean. Getting out the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself, dried off, and made my way back to the room, only to find a surprise sitting on my bed.

“Mom!” I shouted. “Give me some privacy.”

“I will,” she started. “But before you get dressed, I’d like to help you get your diaper on.”

I sighed. Not this all over again. “Listen I know I didn’t put it on last night,” I said, “but you can trust me to put it on this morning.”

Mom shook her head. “It’s not a matter of trust, sweetie. I just want to help you get it on. It’s not as easy as slipping it on like with the Sleeptite. When’s the last time you ever changed a baby’s diaper?”

I thought about it. I’ve never babysat, and thankfully my parents never asked me to change Tasha when she was a baby. “Never,” I answered.

“Exactly. I want to make sure it’s on correctly, or else for all you know you’re going to leak onto your clothes. Trust the diaper expert.”

I tried not to visualize that. I went over to the bed and took off my towel. “Fine, can we just make it quick?”

I wish I could say this was as simple as last night’s experience, but it felt like Mom took forever getting the stupid thing on. First she had me lay down on the bed. Then I felt the diaper touch and move around my skin as Mom tried to place it between my legs. She asked me to scoot back and forth a few times and then finally asked me to lift my legs so she could tape it on. It felt so weird between my legs; it was way thicker than the Sleeptite and it gave off the strangest smell. Finally when I felt Mom stop molesting me I had the chance to sit up. But her hand stopped me before I could even do that.

“Nuh uh,” she said. “I need to redo it.”

“What? Mom, it’s fine.”

“No it’s not. It’s crooked. Let me just retape it.”

“I thought you said you were the diaper expert.”

“Well I’ve never had to diaper someone this big, now have I?” she said nonchalantly.

I couldn’t take this anymore. “Then how about forgetting the fucking diaper and leaving me alone!”

“Amber! Language!”

“No, I’m serious! This is ridiculous, Mom. I’m fifteen years old, not a baby. I’m perfectly capable of using the bathroom and I’d like to keep it that way. If you’re so obsessed about taping on a diaper, then how about you wear it?”

Mom was speechless. “Amber, it’s the law—”

“What kind of town has a law like that? It’s abuse is what it is. And I’m not going to participate in it.”

By now Mom was red in the face. “You know what? Fine. Do whatever you want. The school can deal with it.”

“That’s right, the school can deal with it!” I yelled out the door. Looks like I won that battle. I quickly ripped off the diaper and looked at it. There were flower designs covering it and I noticed “Youth Medium - Girl” printed near the waistband. Pretty babyish looking, if you asked me. I couldn’t believe I almost had to wear that.

I assessed my situation. All my panties had to be in my clothes drawer, right? However when I went to check the top drawer, nothing was there. Just some socks and other stuff. I browsed through the other shelves. Nothing. It’s as if the movers just decide to toss all my underwear out, evilly knowing that I may try to avoid wearing diapers.

I needed a backup plan. I considered going commando. It wasn’t unusual; Jade told me she’s tried it a few times when wearing a skirt. But I didn’t have the guts to do that.

Then I remembered my panties from yesterday. Where were they? Mom must have taken them somewhere after she changed me into the Sleeptite. In our old house, Mom kept the laundry hamper in her bedroom, and she would carry it over to the laundry room whenever it filled up. Perhaps she already had that set up? Only one way to find out, I suppose. I rewrapped the towel around myself and peered out the door. I heard Mom’s voice coming from Tasha’s room, likely to wake her up and introduce her back into the world of diapers. If I could sneak past Tasha’s door, I could enter my parents’ bedroom, find my panties in the hamper (provided it was there), and then be on my way.

I had to act fast so Mom wouldn’t catch me sneaking my underwear. I tried to walk as quietly as I could, carefully pressing my feet against the brown carpet one at a time. But I didn’t go so slowly that she could just stick her head out the door and catch me. While I’m definitely no ninja, I made my way successfully across the hall and into the master bedroom. Sure enough, I saw the hamper next to my parents’ bed. And sure enough, yesterday’s panties were sitting on top.

Forgetting to be ninja-like again, I rushed back to my room, stripped my towel, and pulled my panties on. I didn’t really think it was all that unsanitary wearing dirty underwear. Couldn’t be worse than wearing nothing, and certainly was better than peeing in a diaper.

Now that that was that, it was time to get dressed and just show this new school whom Amber McCormand was. Sure, I was a bit quiet and kept to myself in the past, but nobody here had to know that. It was all about what I wore. I decided to wear a pink blouse and tight jeans; that keeps the “cutie” without the “slutty” in my opinion. I stared at the backpack sitting in my closet. Did I want to take that? Nah, backpacks were the old me. I grabbed a tote bag instead and headed downstairs.

Going through the hallway, I glanced back into Tasha’s room. Mom was helping her get dressed, and I could see Tasha was clad in a white diaper with colorful shapes over it. Still angry at Mom, I skipped the goodbyes and made my way to the kitchen, where Dad was pouring coffee into a thermos.

As if he knew I was there, he turned around and asked, “Ready to go, Am?”

I nodded happily. I looked cute and I avoided the diaper fiasco.

Dad grabbed his keys from the counter and his briefcase from the floor. “Alright, let’s go.” With that we headed out the door and into the car.

During the car ride, Dad seemed a bit fidgety. Had I not pointed it out, he would have completely missed the stopped sign at one intersection. “You okay, Dad?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a bit excited about the new job. Strange to think that from now on I’ll be working in an office instead of the studio in our old house. It’s a new adventure!”\

I smiled back, not sure how to respond.

But Dad caught on to my thoughts. “Of course, it’s a new adventure for you too. Brand new school, that has to be tough. You’re a brave kid, Am.”

“Thanks Dad.”

Then I noticed the look in Dad’s eyes changed, and when he spoke back up, his tone changed as well. “You know, I heard the shouting upstairs. Didn’t sound like you were being too fair to your mom.”

“But Dad! She—”

“Remember the diapers thing is the town’s idea, not hers. She was only trying to help the situation and make it easier on you. I agree the rule is a bit nutty, but this isn’t the first town I’ve come across with strange laws. My great aunt used to live in a town where it was illegal to buy or own Silly String.” I wanted to point out this was not the best comparison in the world, but Dad kept going. “It’s probably going to take awhile for you to adjust, I understand that. Just try not to give your mom a hard time about it, okay?”

I sighed. How was Dad so good at arguments? He should have been a lawyer, not a marketer. “Okay,” I said. “I’m sorry.”

“Well make sure you give the ‘sorrys’ to her, not to me, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Great.”

Dad turned the corner and through the window I saw a giant building, with the words TIMBERLY HIGH SCHOOL stretched out across one wall. Everywhere I looked, I noticed teens—getting out of cars, stepping off yellow school buses, walking up the sidewalk—making their way to the front doors of the school.

“Looks like my adventure is about to begin,” I said.

“You’re going to have a good day,” Dad assured me. “Hey, I bet you’ll come home with a hundred new friends.”

I laughed. “Maybe not that many.”

“Fine, ninety-nine. Oh remember, Am, you need to stop by the registration office to pick up your schedule.”

“Will do.”

“Excellent!” Dad exclaimed. “Have a beautiful day, Amber.”

“Thanks, Dad. You too.”

With that, I took my tote bag and stepped out of the car. I glanced at my surroundings. Overall I was getting a very friendly vibe. Today wouldn’t be too difficult, right?

Re: Timberly, Ohio (or “How I Ended Up at Prom in Diapers”) - Chapter 5

great chapter.
I can not wait to find out what happens next. Do not make this baby wait to long.

Babychris

agreed dont makes us wait to long lol excelent story btw

Nice story and please more.