The worst video game you've ever played.

The other day I was pawing through my small video game collection that includes games from all three PlayStations and the original Xbox when I came upon the worst game in said collection (possibly worst game ever). A few years ago I was given as a Christmas present Golden Eye: Rogue Agent. Have any of you had a run in with this game? If so you no doubt noticed the same things I did: Terrible graphics, jerky animation, horrible combat, and super-massive plot holes. This game was one of the last ones to be made for the original Xbox so its not THAT old, but playing would make you swear that it had come out BEFORE the first GoldenEye which debut in 1995! In my opinion its the worst video game ever created.

What’s YOUR opinion though? What do YOU think is the worst video game to disgrace your eyes and brain?

Re: The worst video game you’ve ever played.

Ultima 8: Pagan, Castlevania 2, The Simpsons: Barts Nightmare, ET the Extra Terrestrial, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Final Fantasy X-2, Drakken, Megaman X6, Super R-type, Metroid Fusion, Bubble Bobble, Oregon Trail, Bubsy 3D, Custers Revenge, Super Columbine Massacre RPG, Shaq Fu, Smurf Rescue, Lemmings, Superman 64, Hotel Mario, Twisted Metal, Grand Theft Auto 1, Wayne’s World, Home Alone, Renegade, Link: Faces of Evil, Paper Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog (anything after Sonic 4), Leisure Suit Larry: Box office Bust, Earthworm Jim, Rayman (all of them), Dante’s Inferno, God of War 2, Alice: Return to Madness, X-men Destiny, Venetica, Two Worlds, Two Worlds 2, Space Marines, Age of Empires 2, Supreme Commander, Eve Online, World of Warcraft, Dungeon Siege 1, Dungeon Siege 3, Sacred 2, Civilization 2, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Dragonlance, Final Fantasy 8, Star Ocean 1, Lunar: Silver Harmony, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Street Fighter 2010, Bebe’s Kids, Phantasmagora: A puzzle of flesh, X-men Legends, Super Wing Commander.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, it’s nowhere close to half.

If you were new to the series of final fantasy when it came out, most people like that loved 7 and 8 the most. But if you’ve been with the series since it started (note: Not just old enough, but actually playing it since it first started), then it’s a different story.

1, 4, 6, 9, 12, and 13-2 are my favorites. 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10 are okay games but highly overrated. 8, 10-2, and 13 are just bar none the worst pile of garbage for the final fantasy series.

As for Alice The Madness Returns, it was a direct ripoff of god of war with a gothic feel to it, nothing more really.

duke nukum forever takes the prize.

on a side note just to disagree with jaclyn, i loved space marine, it was turn your brain off mindless violent fun. And the final boss was one of the most fun boss fights i have ever had.

ih there was another game which was pure crap, i think it was called eternal darkness or something, it was shite! it is a relatively new game but had the bad side of ps2 graphics and a terrible plot line…. it did have a half ok combat system though

I saw Duke Nukem Forever for sale today in a Blockbuster Video that is closing. It had a price tag of $16 originally, then there was 40% off of that.

On topic, I don’t think I have ever played a game I can say was the “worst ever”.

in my local video store they are selling duke for fifty euro, i was like cha ching. so i brought my copy down, which i got for ten euro, and looked for a trade in. They offered me a single euro…… i was seriously tempted to take it

Why do you think I listed off like 50? There are so many bad ones :stuck_out_tongue:

on a side note just to disagree with jaclyn, i loved space marine, it was turn your brain off mindless violent fun. And the final boss was one of the most fun boss fights i have ever had.

I’m sure the game could be fun, but a shitty interface can totally ruin a game for me. If I can’t control a game with relative ease, I won’t play it. I hate assassin’s creed because of this concept (though I didn’t put it on the worst games mainly because I have seen it played by others, and enjoyed the story quite a bit).

I liked Bubble Bobble, Oregon Trail, Twisted Metal, Alice: Return to Madness, and Civilization 2.

I spent hours playing civilization, making custom scenerios, and tweaking the game. There was a big online scene of people who played civ 2 who shared stuff like that. Bubble Bobble was just a fun game on Nintendo, Oregon Trail was a fun game in school, Twisted was fun to play on a playstation. Alice just required me to read the whole works of Lewis Carol so I could understand the references to boonjuns, vorpal blades, and snarks.

Obviously Jaclyn has a difference of opinion than I do about what makes a fun video game.

I play video games roughly 6 to 8 hours a day, and I’m a critic. So yeah, I kind of have a warped view on what’s “Fun” in a video game :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I understand Duke Nukem Forever pissed off quite a few gamers, many of whom were hardcore Duke Nukem followers. There’s just something about waiting ten years for a game that was supposed to blow your mind and then receiving ancient graphics and huge plot holes. I believe there was even a reference to Halo, in which the designers were trying to make fun of the Spartans. I think its funny that they thought they could put down the franchise that single-handedly revolutionized the FPS and online gaming community. Especially after a ten year hiatus that produced a game with ten year old graphics.

As for a game that doesn’t blow I humbly submit: Borderlands. Its an RPG with RPG’s! You can lose DAYS to this game because its so awesome! I still play it even three years after its release. Plus, Borderlands 2 is coming out in September!

I think the worst game I ever played would have to be Dragonball: Raging Blast 1. To glitchy and the online was terrible on top of that. The customization sucked spam after spam of moves.

Of the game that I play…

Majora Mask: It a okay game (not good as Past or Time) but the time limit can make the game a bitch sometimes.

Metroid Fusion: I love this game, one of my favorite games for the gba but then again I’m a fan of Metroid (I even thought Other: M was fun too)

Bubble Bobble: It a fun time killer like a old school arcade game.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Generation are pretty good but no where on the same level as the Genesis games.

Rayman: I own 1 and Origins……1 is one of my favorite games of all times and Origins is a pretty good tribute to 2D games and it can be very trippy and funny at times.

Anyways worst game I play are probably the NES/SNES WWF games, N64 Castlevania games, Mario time machine and Mario is missing too.

Any of the 2K Sports baseball titles fit in this topic good- I think also WWF War Zone and WWF Attitude for the N64 sucked big-time with too many combo-codes to pull off even a simple move.

BabyChris121675

I thought the post is “worst game that you ever played” not “the games you dislike the most”.

My entry is ET the Extra Terrestrial because it just is the worst game ever made.

What’s the difference?