The videogame thread

Has anyone tried the new Zelda game for Wii. It’s also on Gamecube. I got it for my boyfriend for Christmas and I think it’s the best Zelda game ever. It’s the biggest adventure ever on it. I like the graphics and they aren’t kiddy like they are with Windwaker, Minish cap, and Phantom Hour Glass.

I got three new Wii games for Christmas from my family and I have not started playing them yet. I like to focus on a game till I finish it. I played Super Mario Galaxy and beat it but haven’t concurred it yet. The game got too hard so I stopped. I lost interest. Now I’m focusing on Zelda, after I’m done with that game, it be Super Paper Mario. I hope I don’t get stuck in Zelda. Few times I thought I have ran into something complicated and be hard to beat so it make me get tired of the game but I got through it. The book makes it sound so hard but turns out to be easy. I have skipped a few things like fishing and some minigame because they were too hard. Because it was optional for the game, not a required thing, I skipped it.

The videogame thread

The best Zelda game ever, was on the Super NES!! The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!! End of story!!

The videogame thread

I’ve had the legend of Zelda: Links awakening on the gameboy for a couple of years, but could never finish it, because of the last dungeon. Back in August of this year I finally completed the game, and then did so a couple of more times before putting the game away.

I like all Zelda games, but haven’t played any on the gamecube or Wii, mainly because I don’t own either machine.

The videogame thread

Twilight Princess is always fun (except for fishing, of course) but I think Super Mario Galaxy gives it a run for it’s money :slight_smile:

The videogame thread

I’ve just finished RE:4 on the Wii, but now I have to finish Lego Star Wars, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Transformers, and a couple other Wii games that I have that I haven’t beaten.

Not to mention all my PS2 games that I never beat (GTA: Vice City)

The videogame thread

Mario Galaxy was super fun to play, but I don’t think it holds up to Twilight Princess, IMO.

Going along with the Zelda theme, has anyone here played Phantom Hourglass on the DS? It’s really fun and the touch screen adds a new level of fun to it. :slight_smile:

Knight

The videogame thread

Yes, it’s quite awesome.

The videogame thread

Mmmm… I just pre-ordered my Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I seriously cannot wait. :smiley:

The videogame thread

I’ve been meaning to get hold of the new DS Zelda for ages. I can’t see anything matching Ocarina of Time but all the Zeldas are great in one way or another.

And, as someone mentioned fishing in the Wii version, I used to love it on Ocarina of Time - pure, bottled relaxation.

The videogame thread

The fishing on the Wii version is just so darned frustrating! It takes everything that was good from Ocarina and mashes it into a fine paste of not fun. Ocarina was one of the best Zelda games though, I’m glad I have the collectors disk that has it and Majora’s Mask as well as the first two Zelda games. Good stuff.

Knight

The videogame thread

I beat Ocarina of time only once. I beat Link’s Awakening so many times. It’s one of the easiest Zelda games ever. I think I beat the Super Nintendo one once and I have beaten the very old Zelda games and Minish Cap using the Game Shark. I beat Majora’s Mask only once.

The videogame thread

I beat the new zelda a long time ago actully over a year ago now. I thought it was good the storyline was diffrent but

::Spoilers!!!::

gannondorf is still the final boss (duh.)

SMG for the Wii was cool too, i still need like 55 power stars to get all of them.

The videogame thread

The game I have been playing, when I play is Scarface: The World Is Yours, NFS Carbon, and MVP Baseball 2005.

Lately, I’ve not really been in a video game mood cause of other things I have been working on like my writings, and other things.

Anyway, I may just throw on Scarface later. I feel like I need to be Tony Montana. LOL!

BabyChris121675

The videogame thread

I finished Mass Effect last month. I’ve been following that game ever since it was announced, and man, what a ride. It was worth every minute of the wait. Heck, it was even worth the crappy lead-in prequel novel that came out over the summer.

I picked up Assassin’s Creed, Halo (the first one; yeah, I’m behind), and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds with some Hanukkah money, so once I get back to school (where I have my 360), I’ll dig into those.

Right now, since I’m pretty much limited to PC gaming, I’ve been playing The Asian Dynasties expansion for Age of Empires III. The campaign isn’t as good as the original or the Warchiefs, but it’s not terrible, either. The three new races are very well-thought-out and actually pretty balanced with the Europeans and Native Americans.

Finally, I got some component cables for my PS2, so now it’ll look spiffy on my fancy-pants HDTV. No more excuses for not finishing up my PS2 library. I’ll keep you posted.

The videogame thread

I’ve been mostly playing WoW, from my Night Elf Druid to my Human Warrior (new). I’m in a guild and we talk over Ventrilo instead of that crappy in-game system. It’s an active guild too, with a calendar and everything.

Last time I played my 360, it froze on me, so I’m afraid to touch it again. Maybe blow it out first. I have one game I bought for it a couple months ago, but have NOT played at all, mostly fearful of it being horrible horrible horrible and then me getting buyer’s remorse… I actually think I got that preemptively. 10 points if you can guess it.

I still have some games I still need to beat on my PS2 (read: all of them), but I really don’t think I can give the system up. Unless they come out with some kind of Silent Hill Collection box port to the ps3 (which I don’t have, but I will eventually give in), I’m going to hang on as long as I can.

Well, I haven’t very much to play on my DS, but the Phoenix Wright games were awesome, and, though I’m weary of this Apollo Justice turn in the series, I’m going to buy that one as soon as I can, when it comes out.

And I… think that’s it…

Unless you want to hear me drone on about my Vampire: The Masquerade and Shadowrun characters…

The videogame thread

Oh man, I’m gonna be so alone here in a second…

Anyone else into LOMAC? I don’t own the game yet (because I really need to build a new PC before I can really enjoy it at home), but I’ve been playing it on my cousin’s rig. VERY steep learning curve, but that’s what makes it great.

I also play Counter-Strike: Source.

The videogame thread

I never managed to beat Link’s awakening for Game Boy: I just went round in circles. Bloody annoying.

Also - check these out: TouchNetworks, Inc I WANT ONE.

What’s really sad that I’ve played over the last couple of weeks (because new mac = play mac games) are Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and The Movies (really fun actually).

But actually, games wise, I’ve never got over Baldur’s Gate II, though I’m beginning to religiously play Bethesda games =D

Most importantly now though, as a student, all I do during term (apart from 2 essays a week) is play Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 64 and Zelda. N64… stellar.

The videogame thread

Ah, Nemo, you’re a man after my own heart. Baldur’s Gate was a masterpiece and I still go back to it now and again. I’ve never found anything to quite match up either.

The videogame thread

I do believe that Mass Effect is the best game that came out this year, that I’ve played anyway. I played the Orange Box, and I have to say that Portal is the funnest game I’ve played on the 360 to date.

To be fair, I haven’t played Assassins Creed yet because Gamefly must only have like five copies of it, and as a result I haven’t been able to get it.

I did finish Halo 3 this winter and was thoroughly unimpressed and frankly just glad to be done with the whole thing.

Sometimes, and I know I’m not alone in this, I just like to hop on the Virtual Console and play Super Mario 3 (the best Nintendo game ever IMO) or Zombies Ate My Neighbors if and when it ever comes out on the VC.

Knight

The videogame thread

Eddie Guraro in tekken was the fighter I always used. Then they had to go and kill him, $@&* em.