The Secret Tree House 2 Chapter 7

Chapter 7 (Invited and Uninvited Guests)

The clock read 9 a.m. as Benjamin Hamilton lay in his bed still trying to get more sleep. Upon hearing his door creaking open he turned over to see his sister Holly coming into the room.

“Benjamin, are you awake?” She whispered.

“No go away.” Ben said as he rolled over and tried to ignore his sister.

“Ok but will you be mad at me if I ask your friend to stay and play with us?” She said quietly.

“What the heck are you talking about Holly, I don’t have any friends here!!!” Ben snapped grumpily.

“She said she was your friend.” Holly said as she started to walk out of the room.

Ben sat straight up in bed. “What!!! She!!! Someone is here?” Ben said starting to grab some clothes.

“Yeah that’s what I was trying to tell you, some girl wants you to come out and talk to her.” Holly said throwing her hands up in the air and leaving the room.

“Tell her I will be out in like 5 minutes!!!” Ben said grabbing his clothes and heading quickly into the bathroom.

Seven minutes later he ran quickly down the stairs and onto the porch where only his sister Holly sat playing with a friend she had recently made. “Where is she!!!” Ben demanded.

" She said you would know where to find her." Holly said not even looking up.

Ben tore off through the woods back towards the tree house, when he arrived he found the gate to the stair way sitting wide open, he looked up and so no one, but was greeted by a voice shouting, “Come on up Benjamin!!!”

Ben quickly made his way up the stairs but was surprised when he reached the top and saw three girls sitting in lawn chairs across from an empty one that was obviously meant for him. His neighbor stood up and walked over to him and held out her hand. “I’m Brinley, and thanks for helping me yesterday.” She said smiling shyly as Ben shook her hand.

“I’m Ben, not Benjamin, and it was no big deal, I try to rescue a pretty girl in distress at least once a day.” He said smiling back at her as Brinley blushed.

The biggest of the three girls stood up next, she did not hold out her hand and was not smiling. “I’m Gabriella, and I was wondering what you were doing stalking my friend.” She said raising her eyebrows and waiting for an explanation.

Ben who had expected this to be all praise and thanks was left speechless for a moment which did not happen often in his life. “Umm, I wouldn’t really call it stalking, it was more like, I thought she might possibly need help at some point, and so I was following her just in case.” Ben was trying to finish a thought that really made sense but Savanna saved him as she stood up and spoke.

“I’m Savanna, and what Ben is really trying to say is he was hoping Brinley might see what a nice guy he is and maybe he would be able to earn his way up into the tree house and he has certainly done that!!!” The tall slender blonde girl said holding her hand out as Ben smiled and shook it.

“Just remember sometimes the first trip up is the last.” Gabriella said staring at Ben as she sat down.

Within twenty minutes Ben had completely won over Brinley and Savanna with his humor and boyish good looks and it was looking good for him to maybe have a return trip up sometime. Gabriella however remained skeptical as she knew there were some pretty big secrets still not out on the table.

Ben however, knew nothing of the locked cabinet inside the cabin and the rather large stash of diapers they had inside of it. When the girls had talked earlier this morning none of them could really think of a very good way to approach the subject and they knew however they brought it up it was going to come out weird. So they all agreed instead that they wouldn’t say anything and eventually maybe things would work themselves out.

Ben blissfully chatted on with the girls thinking everything was perfect not having any idea that that an honest mistake of his was about to shake things up in a big way. The event that would truly change all of them however was taking place right in front of Brinley’s house and not one of them knew what was going on.

Ian rode past Ben and Brinley’s house several times. He was so angry he wanted nothing more than to pound Ben’s face into the ground. Yesterday he had been sitting on top of Brinley just a minute or two away from taking a picture that would pretty much land him the affections of Taylor Jennings for the rest of his life. Then that new punk kid had come along and shoved him off of Brinley and into the little babies’ pee puddle getting mud all over him. He wanted desperately to get even but could see two girls playing in front of the house where the new kid lived and knew there was no way he was going to get anything done as far as the new boy was concerned.

He rode back in front of Brinley’s house. It was dark and appeared that no one was home. He knew Brinley was a baby and thought if he could get a peek inside of her room he would surely find a crib for her bed. He parked his bike a ways down the street and crept back through the woods on the side of the house. He quickly made his way up the front of the house camera phone in hand hoping to snap a quick picture of something incriminating if he could get a good look inside her window.

He was more than a little surprised when he came to one window and found there was no screen and the window was actually cracked open a little bit. He knew he had to make a decision quickly as he was out in the open in front of the house and decided he was going to take a big risk.

Ian quickly pushed the window up and climbed inside of the house. Once inside there was no crib as he had originally expected but he was pretty sure he had landed in the room of a teenage girl. He was shocked at how normal it appeared. He had always imagined Brinley’s room to be really weird just like he thought she was.

He decided to look around and try to find something incriminating to take a picture of. He sat down on her bed for a moment to think of what to do when he heard a strange crinkling underneath his butt. He pressed his hand down onto the bed and then quickly lifted the covers and the bottom sheet up to reveal what he had originally thought the noise might be. He was right!!! It was a plastic sheet!!! “Brinley still pees her bed!!!” he thought excitedly to himself as he pulled her sheets back and stepped back to snap a few pictures of her room and then the bed with the plastic sheet on it.

As he took pictures of the bed he noticed something sticking out from underneath of it. He bent down and found Brinley’s package of diapers stashed under her bed. “Oh my gosh Brinley still wears diapers to bed too!! Taylor had been right, Abbie had lied about who the diapers were for and now he had proof!” Ian thought excitedly as he took a few pictures of the diapers under her bed and then pulled them out and set them on the plastic sheet and took more pictures.

He was about to make a quick dash out of the house when he saw Brinley’s trash can sitting off to the side of the desk in her room. Curiosity got the best of him and he removed the lid and found Brinley’s wet diapers from the past couple of evenings. He snapped several more pictures and then quickly made his way out of the house. He was ecstatic, he couldn’t wait to show Taylor Jennings!!!

Re: The Secret Tree House 2 Chapter 7

The plot thickens.

2 Things: The emoticon at the beginning breaks emersion, they are best avoided. Second, how are the events with Ian an “honest mistake” of Ben’s? It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Ben or a mistake of any kind (except perhaps Brinley leaving her screen off, but still not Ben’s mistake). Was it a misuse of words? I’d really like to know in case I’m missing something here.

I can’t wait for more.

The emoticon probably wasn’t deliberate. They used multiple question marks there and 3 question marks is the code for that icon.

ghostwriter: if you edit your post and expand the attachments and other options section there’s a check box to prevent that unless you really meant for the icon to be there :slight_smile:

The honest mistake, and what Ian does are two separate events. The honest mistake is yet to happen, and the event with Ian is in the process of happening in this chapter.

Wonderful chapter. I would ensure that as soon as one picture taken inside Brinley’s room were to surface that Ian would be on his way to lock-up for breaking and entering.

I liked how the girls were giving Ben the third degree. I believe he is going to become a true friend of theirs.

I know that I have several other chapters to read which is a good thing. However, right now it is off to the Doctor.

background, I’m hoping it is nothing serious with the doctor, hope all is well! Glad you are enjoying the story.

It was actually a bit comical. My Doctors Office calls and tells me that the Doctor needs to see me right away. So I have to arrange to get off work on short notice (which isn’t all that easy to do) and then get in to see him.

I really believe that he wants me out of diapers more than I want out of them. He seriously thinks that following this diet has a chance at curing my incontinence. The diet can be found at “Forks Over Knives” by Hulu. It is basically a vegetarian diet but according to my Doctor it has shown it can help with damaged cells. My incontinence is a result of nerve damage and a build up of scar tissue. So I am going to try and stop eating meat or anything high in protein. I guess it can’t hurt to try it.