The Rules

1. Members only may submit stories, and the story must be your own work.

2. Members may submit up to two stories.

3. The story must be new.

4. The length must be less than 15 pages or 8500 words, single spaced (including lines between paragraphs) in 12 point font.

5. Only submit complete stories.

6. All stories must be submitted by midnight, California time, on July 19, 2008.

VOTING:

1. DO NOT vote until after we institute a voting thread, which will be after the submission deadline.

2. Authors may not vote for their own stories.

3. You will have up to 5 points with which to vote. You may vote for five stories, one point to each one, or give one story three points and another 2, however you wish, as long as they add up to no more than five points. You may only vote whole points (not anything like 2.5 points or something like that.)

4. This is not so much a rule as a suggestion, since we can’t tell the honesty of people who vote. It has been noticed in the past that some people will not read the stories of anyone other than one or two authors, and then they will just vote for those stories, never having even tested the others. This seems a bit unfair. We would like to encourage members to give all the stories a try before voting.

The Rules

HA! Neato, the end of submissions is on my birthday, I’ll definitely have to do something for that.

Re: The Rules

You could think about taking the submissions anonymously to counter that - have people send their entries as a PM to an admin and then post them up without the author’s name attached. That way people people couldn’t just vote for their favourite writer or friends straight away. It might be easy enough to recognise people’s writing regardless but it would at lest mean that readers would go through the stories to determine who wrote what.

The Rules

Personally I think that it’s a good idea - make it more fun as well.

The Rules

I think part of it could be to “guess” whom wrote each story. Would be an interesting “side contest”.

The Rules

Do you think the stories could break to like the top 4 stories and then new ranks would be given out among those 4? And then that could move to finals or something like that?

The Rules

If the voting is public won’t we then find out who each other is?

I’m just asking because if we see, for example, a well constructed story that has everyone voting for it except say Wingz won’t that give the game away?

The Rules

Can you run voting through the polls feature? I know some polls can be edited to allow a number of votes…

And as for random title; I assume you mean that you’ll use the story title given to you by the author.