The Lost Ones

David struggled, out of breath. He held the bar to his shoulder, and slowly lowered it.

“Done!” he said in a breathless voice, mentally adding “finally.” Lifting weights was far from his favorite pastime. However, under the circumstances, it was necessary.

He faced a mirror, seeing his own blue, blond hair and smooth face. He ran a hand down his right shoulder and arm. “Better,” he thought, “but not great.”

He himself didn’t care about what he looked like, and especially not about being muscular. He wasn’t even sure if he could become muscular, at least not in the same way some people at the gym were. However, he also needed to fit in. While the exercise machines now being built certainly made it easier, the growing trend where people worked out regularly for appearance and fitness made things more difficult. He had free weights in his house, and would need to use them later that night as well.

He passed by the front desk, nodding to two staff members at the desk, who nodded back and waved. This may be the last time he came in. He’d been there a few months, longer then he usually stayed at one gym.

As he left, one of the staff members turned to the other.

“You see that guy?”

“Yeah? The quiet one?”

“Yes. He’s been coming here almost every morning for three months.”

“So? He’s dedicated. That’s what I like.”

“Yeah but… I know some people at one of the other gyms in the area, and apparently he did the same thing there before switching to this one, and someone mentioned he was at another place before that.”

“And?”

“Well… Isn’t it weird he keeps switching? And…”

“What?”

“Does he LOOK like he’s been working like that for a year?”

David was walking past closed shops on a downtown road. It was still early morning, and if he was lucky, he could get home before more people were out. He hated walking around when it was crowded, but hated the dark even more, so this ended up being the best time to get around. He would have to come out later, he knew- there wasn’t much he could do before anything was open, and he had to get buy- but for something he could do at any point, like attend a gym, it was ideal.

He stopped, his eyes going wide. He was passing by a toy store, one of his favorite spots in town. In the window was a giant brown teddy bear. He stared, pressing his face and hands against the glass. It looked… soo… soft! He loved the material they used for stuffed animals recently. He didn’t know what it was, but he loved just pressing it against his face. One like this he could use as a bed, his full body covered with softness…

He was already pressing on the door. It wouldn’t budge. He looked down at the handle. He pressed again, angrily. He shouted and began kicking the ground. Why wouldn’t it open? He looked at the door again, noticing the sign that said closed. “ERRRR” he said about to pound on the glass, then stopped. He couldn’t do that in public, what would people think if he saw? It was locked, there was nothing he could do, he thought. The thought made him sad, almost tearing. He looked at the door again. He could always come back later and buy it if he thought of it, he reminded himself. Now happy again, he began skipping down the road and smiling.

“Drat,” he said suddenly, noticing his shoelace had come untied. He knelt down to tie it.

“One over the other… DANG!” he said. He spread them out to restart. Sometimes he question if he should just give up and get velcro shoes, but that seemed like it would cause more problems then it solved. One thing he didn’t want was questions about why he was wearing anything deemed childish.

“Why hello there!” a warm, elderly woman’s voice said.

David frooze.

“Are you lost? Do you need help with your shoe laces?”

“Ummmm…” he said, not looking up.

“Let me help you, then you should get on home.”

“Ye…es,” he replied, panicking.

The speaker, a gray woman with glasses, bent down in front of him. David blushed and looked around as she began to lace his shoes. He hoped no one was watching. He knew he should have said no, but he couldn’t find the words, and he really did need the help…

“There, all done! Now you keep practicing and you’ll get it one day!”

“Th…thanks,” he said. He doubted he would, though.

“Now you hurry along, little one.”

David blushed deeper. He remained kneeling and looked down, avoiding eye contact. Hopefully she would move on before she noticed.

“Are you alright? Why aren’t you getting up? Should I call for help? Where are your parents?”

David closed his eyes. “Drat,” he thought. “Well, I’d better get it over with.” He stood up and looked at her.

At first she seemed surprised to find he was as taller then she was, if not by much. She then fixed her glasses, and gasped slightly. Now it was her turn to blush. “Oh… I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” She went walked beside him and left, surprised to find the person she had taken for a child was a full grown adult.

David sighed. It was always worse with the elderly, and especially woman. Having bad eyesight didn’t help either. Anyone looking at him clearly would see him as he appeared- an adult, if with some youthful features. However, they often responded to him different on instinct. Older people with maternal or paternal instincts often felt this the strongest, while younger ones often expected him to play games. Combine that with an inability to seem him properly, and sometimes they just assumed.

He put the incident out of his head and kept walking. Hopefully no one would notice.

He arrived at his house. He called it his house, but it wasn’t exactly a house, and wasn’t really his. He lived in a section of the bottom floors of a large house that had been divided into apartments, which he rented from the owner. However, the other apartment was unoccupied, meaning he could often come in and go without anyone noticing. This, combined with its proximity to downtown, gave him everything he needed- privacy, ease of use without needing to drive, cheap price. Also, the fact that there was often someone else in the building that he knew was a reassuring thought, especially at night.

He unlocked the door and went inside. He walked down the hall, then stopped. There was a sign in front of him saying “lock the door, dummy!” He kicked himself and went back and locked the door. He then went through, past the sign. He stopped again. There was another sign in front of him saying “take of your shoes.” He struggled with the laces, eventually kicking them off. As he stood up there was a third sign reading “and your jacket.” He took it off and through it on his chair, before scolding himself, picking it up and hanging it properly. He had a closet full of half-haphazardly hung clothes, most of which he bought after reading online about what ‘a man should wear’ but never actually put on, finding them too uncomfortable or just not thinking about it.

He walked up a small flight of stairs and into his bathroom. It was a full bathroom, with white paneled walls reminding him not to take electronics and stuffies into the tub and what to do if anything began to flood. He faced a mirror and put a hand on his belt. He closed his eyes. He never enjoyed this part, and he was feeling anxious.
He pulled down his pants then opened his eyes to see a white diaper around his waste. He reached down and felt the plastic, then ticked his toung. Wet. Second day in a row at the gym. Sometimes, if he was calm and not distracted by anything, he could go a few days dry. However, his mind tended to wander, and when it did he would never know. At the gym, when he was straining, it could have happened at any point. He couldn’t always even tell afterwards, and finding it here always made him wonder if anyone in the gym or on the long walk back could tell. He shuddered at the thought.

At least he wasn’t messy, he told himself. He could normally avoid that one, depending on what he ate and how close he was to the bathrooms. It still wasn’t perfect, and he wasn’t getting any better. It annoyed him now, as modern advances meant he could get diapers that looked just like regular underwear for public use, but there was no way they’d do the job well enough. As it was, his control took a lot of effort, and he only did it when he was in public. Even then, he didn’t like it. It felt wrong.

He glanced down. There was another reason it took effort. Under the sink, where he stored his diapers, there was a pile of thicker teddy bear printed ab diapers with a note attached reminding him not to wear them out. The rise of the internet, and with it the availability of abdl clothing, had been like a miracle for him. He struggled a moment, the adorable images calling to him, the softness… and stopped. It already difficult to hide the white diapers, and the few times people had noticed were embarrassing enough. He didn’t need to have to find a way to hide the extra thick padding or risk someone seeing his teddy bear prints.

He took off the wet diaper, thew it out and got in his bath tub. He filled it, cleaned himself, and got out and left the bathroom still naked.

He kept an agenda on the small square table in his kitchen, which he now opened. He used his phone to check the date and matched it. He groaned. The agenda was something he had come up with knowing that if he left himself to his own devices he would never get things done. He modeled it off of examples he had found online, letting them replace the authoritative voice of a someone who could make those decisions. He had work again today, which he despised. Why did people spend so much time doing stuff like that when there was so things to play with? But it was what adults had to do, and for now he had to live as an adult.

He opened he fridge. There were rows of sweets and pastries, along with peanut butter and different jams. There were also microwavable meals, as it was the only form of cooking he could do without causing a problem, and some… other things. Being an adult also meant he had to eat certain things, which he didn’t like. This was something normally someone else should take care of, he thought, someone who knew better and could decide and make him do it… but he was there, so he had to make himself. He grimaced, grabbing a sweet pepper. “One vegetable with every meal,” he reminded himself. He closed his nose, opened his mouth and ate it as quickly as he could. He followed it by drinking water from his tap as fast as he could. He then grabbed a piece of cake and ate it with his hands. He shuddered. Eating healthy was annoying.

He went into his bedroom. It was large with baby blue walls and a crib that had detachable rails in case someone was visiting. He had hung pictures of video game and comic book characters on each wall, as he had learned adults had art, and most of the room was filled with piles of toys and old clothes. He opened his closet and struggled to ignore his preferred side, with he soft, cute clothing he preferred. Changes in fashion meant that he could sometimes wear one peice pajamas, and it seemed soon rompers would be acceptable. He loved it when things liked that happened. However, neither was appropriate for work.

He began by laying out a fresh diaper, making sure it was plain white rather then printed. He poured a liberal amount of powder on it, taped it on, and got up. He then pulled a pair of boxers over it, covering the edge and ensuring a tear in his pants wouldn’t be a disaster while muffling the crinkling sound. Next was an undershirt. He put on soft green pants and the required collared shirt, which was blue and striped with white. He found this worked the best- long shirt hung over his waistline, and the undershirt was tucked into his pants in case anything rode up.

He then walked back into the bathroom. He sighed. He reached under the sink, and took out the make up.

He began with small lines. Tiny changes, so that if it washed off no one would notice, but enough to make a difference. He had tried more drastic changes, but that had ended in disaster after a sudden rain storm. He put lines under his eyes, emphasizing cheekbones, and making his face seem narrower. He then took a comb to his unruly golden hair and used cream to hold it in place. The result was barely noticeable, but subtly added years to his perceived age.

He scowled and stomped his foot. IT. WASN"T. FAIR. He hated doing it. Why couldn’t he just got out normally? He pictured his face- cherubic was the right word. He could probably play Cupid if called upon, except he didn’t know if Cupid would mind. He looked at his waiste, and angrily pulled up the pants which had slid down, revealing the top edge of his diaper despite all his efforts. He’d be dressed the part too. Why couldn’t he just go out as is? He had to dress in all these bizarre clothes, doing everything he could to hide the rest of them, to change his face… He began to tear again.

He breathed. Throwing temper tantrums wasn’t a way to convince anyone he was mature, and the tears would rinse away the make up. People had already began to question things about him, which was never good. He knew he would have to move soon, which almost made him cry again. It was necessary, though. He had to keep moving, and to hide some things. It was one thing if people began to think he hadn’t aged in ten years. It was another all together if they realized he hadn’t aged in the last twelve thousand.

Re: The Lost Ones

OK, I’m curious. Just who is this guy? :slight_smile:

you’ll find out soon enough :wink:
thanks for commenting!

Really good beginning! I hope to read more soon

Thank you! I’ll have more up soon :slight_smile:

i,love this a nice read,thank you more ,soon ?:cool:

Hopefully soon XD Depends on when I can write
Thanks a lot!

Part 2:
“There thats a good baby boy!” a soothing voice said.

David smiled as the tall dark haired woman woman finished wiping him down and began powdering him.

“Now up up up!” the woman said, and David raised his hips up to let her slide a diaper underneath. He lowered them onto the thick padding, and she tapped it on snugly. He squirmed gleefully and suckled his pacifier.

“Good baby.” The woman good up and walked toward a hallway, holding his teddy bear. “Now, want the teddy?” David nodded. “Crawl to me! Crawl for mommy!”

David rolled over and began crawling, eyes fixed on the teddy bear. He was transfixed by it, unable to look away. She lead him down a hallway, but he didn’t pay attention at all to his surroundings, only concentrating on his bear. He wanted it. He needed it.

“Now, you’ve been a naughty baby, haven’t you?” she asked.

David looked at her surprised.

“You’ve been acting up, havn’t you? Lying, telling people you are a big boy we all know you’re just a little baby.”

David nodded, worried. She was right, he knew, though he didn’t know if she knew how much.

He yelped as he felt a sting on his thighs. He looked up to see the woman holding a riding crop. Where had she gotten that? He was so fixed on the teddy bear he hadn’t noticed.

It hit him again and he yelped, spitting out his pacifier.

“You’ve been a very naughty baby. Pretending to be an adult when you know you shouldn’t be. Isn’t that right?”

She hit him again. "YES! He yelped. How did she know?

“Don’t you ever think that we can alll see through it? That everyone around you knows your a diaper wearing baby pretending to be a grown up?”

She hit him again. “YES MOMMY! I"M SORRY MOMMY!” he shouted. The thought was constantly on his mind everywhere he went. His entire life was spent trying to hide that fact. How did she know? Who else knew? Did everyone!?

“YOu need to be punished for the lies, don’t you?”

“Yes I do, yes I do,” he sobbed. He knew he did. Clearly she could see through him, so others could as well. Were they all just prenteding, teasing him? He knew he needed a caretaker, and if she said he needed to be punished, he knew it was true.

“Good, come with me,” she said as she replaced his pacifier. Once again she held up the teddy bear and he followed it transfixed. She led him through a doorway and into another room, then lowered the bear and dropped it. He reached for it, and she shut the door behind him. She bent down and kissed his head. "The safety word is “fishsticks.”

“Fishsticks? Why was that a safe word? Were other words dangerous?” he thought. It was then he looked up, and almost shouted in fear. This wasn’t good, he thought.

He was in a dark red room filled with what he learned to recognize as bondage equipment. The walls were hung with switched, paddles and whips spread between chains and bars. Worse still, the center of the room was dotted with devices of torture, made to lock him and bend him over in the worse possible ways. He recognized one as a stock, another as a swing.

He backed away toward the door shouting. He had seen this before. “No not this not this is not what I want this is not what I want,” he shouted. He felt tears forming in his eyes.

“Awww whats wrong? Does the little baby not like his punishment? Wait… are you… Jeeze you’re a good actor, or…”

“I DON"T WANT THIS! CHICKENSTICSK FISH SOMETHING I DON"T KNOW!” What was that dang word? It had slipped his mind the moment he saw the equipment.

“Awwww is the baby crying?Poor widdle baby… wait are you actually? Are you acting?” the woman said, surprised.

“NONONONONON”

“Please tell me you are a good actor…”

“SAFE WORD SAFE WORD!” He finally said.

“Fishsticks,” the woman sighed.

“Fishy tricks,” he nodded, tears running down his cheeks.

The woman bend down sympathatically and dried them. “Are you alright? I didn’t mean to scare you, I thought this was what you wanted.”

“No,” he sobbed, terrified. He reached out toward her and she hugged him.

“I’m sorry sweetheart. I’ve never seen someone react like that! It really scared you!”

“Uh huh,” he said. As she cuddled him he began to feel himself sink down, moving toward the instinctual state that he had been used to long ago, which he was meant to live in. The years of self training faded away quickly.

“You’re actually crying! I’m so sorry.”

“Can… Can I have my teddy back? And my paci?” he had dropped both when he saw them.

“Sure,” she said, a bit surprised. She was even more surprised when he began to suckle the pacifier and cuddle the bear, taking comfort from both. “Ummm ok,” she said. “Listen, I’m sorry about this. I guess we wanted different things. Do… do you want me to take you home?”

“Yeah,” he said. She opened the door and he crawled out, doing his best not to look at the equipment behind him.

They arrived on his street a short time later. He had given her an address that was slightly off, as he normally did for these meetings.

“Ummm, you know you don’t need to do that anymore, we aren’t playing now,” she said.

He looked at her suprised. It took him a second to realized what she meant. He was still suckling the pacifier and cuddling the bear while rocking back and forth slowly. He had gotten dressed with her help and packed his baby clothes away, but hadn’t been able to put them down.

“Hahah yes I… I thought it was funny,” he said as he put both into his red Adventure Time napsack. Adventure Time was on the small list of things he enjoyed that he could talk about in public without people being too surprised, so it featured heavily in his belongings. His shirt, decorated with dolphins, was another example.

“I’m sorry this didn’t work out. Call me if you change your mind,” the woman said.

“I will,” David replied. He had already forgotten her phone number along with her name. When she had begun taking care of him, he had simply thought of her as ‘mommy,’ once it was clear what she wanted, she had become nothing. A scary woman, if anything.

After she left David sighed and began walking down the street. That happened an unfortunate amount of times. Finding the ABDL world had been something of a godsend, bringing him to people who would treat him the way he needed, even if they didn’t know the details. However, it was full of pitfalls, and the bondage side of it was one of the worst. Along with them were switches who wanted him to be a caretaker, something he was woefully unprepared for, and people who wanted… things… along with the games. He had occasionally found people who had simmilar ideas as him, even if they didn’t know why. However, this had its own problem when people wanted him to move in with them, which would lead to far to many questions. It was near impossible to find the right fit, and since moving he hadn’t found one.

He reached into his bag and took out his teddy bear, Bill, and cuddled it to his chest. “At least you’re good for me.” he whispered, kissing it. He held it out. If anyone asked, he’d find an excuse to be holding it.

He finally reached his building. He had moved here not long before. He had stayed too long in the previous city, and people began to wonder why he never seemed to age. He always knew it was the right time when people asked if he had plastic surgery or what kind of makeup he used. Then came the problem of finding a new home in a new city, along with a job, and someone to help him…

He hoped to find the later at some point. He knew he would never find a permanent caretaker until he could find a way to reconnect with his own kind, but someone who played the role at least always helped. He opened the door to his apartment building and walked down the hall. It was a small building, with only one other room on the floor that had been empty when he moved in.

Finding those people was almost impossible, and he hadn’t had luck in years. Would he ever find the right one? He turned to his door.

“Oh my god, David!? Is that you?” a female voice said.

He froze. One of the worst possible things he had ever considered just happened.

“It is! How have you been?” the voice said exuberantly.

He turned slowly, trying to make himself smile. “Cindy! I’m good! What are you doing here?” He tried not to sound like he was against the idea.

“Oh I just moved in across the hall. I had finished school in Atlanta and moved here for work. Is that your apartment? Funny after all these years we’d end up working together!”

“Funny! Definitely! Ha!” one of the main reasons David moved around was to avoid situations like this.

He and Cindy had worked together years before at a tech company. She had been an intern while studying for her degree, David mainly filed paperwork. He had left that firm after a few years and moved twice since being here. It had been six years, he realized.

She reached over and hugged him tightly. “Uhhhh its good to know there are people here I recognize. You were always so friendly too, and so cute!” She blushed. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that quite…”

'Its ok," he said, smiling. He had tried to hide it but couldn’t. He knew that it wasn’t something someone the age she thought he was would necessarily like to hear.

“Ok,” she looked at him closely. “Wow, you really… you really haven’t changed much, have you? Whats the secret?”

“Ummmm…” his mind raced. He had something memorized in case of this situation. “Moisturizer. A really, really good moisturizer.”

“Uh huh,” she nodded doubtfully.

“AND GENETICS! OH… and I eat really healthy too. Take cold showers. Ummm… exercise and tai chi.”

“All I remember you eating all the time is candy,” she said. “When did you do tai chi?”

He could tell she wasn’t buying it. “Ummm… sometimes. On and off. And I always eat vegetables along with the candy so its healthy.”

She laughed. “You always were an odd one. I need to get cleaned up, want to meet up later tonight?”

“Alright,” he said, trying to hide his relief. He turned to open his door.

“Ummm David? One more thing?”

“Yes?”

“Whats with the teddy bear? And you’re thumb?”

He froze again. He realized he was cuddling his teddy bear and sucking his thumb on the same arm. What was the answer he was supposed to have come up with?

“Never mind,” she said. “See you soon!” She closed the door behind her.

David walked in and shut the door, panting from fright. How much had she noticed? Was she on to him. She couldn’t be, could she?

He began to go through his things. Thankfully, his back pack was still zipped up and his belt was tight, so she hadn’t seen his diapers. Speaking of… he checked, and he had definitely wet himself. Thank god it hadn’t been more then that. Thank god he had told himself to keep it on as he had gotten dressed, despite the odd looks from the scary woman. Thank god she hadn’t said anything, or he knew he would have run out of excuses and taken it off to avoid the argument, then visibly wet himself during the conversation.

His mind raced. There was something else he was supposed to remember… He heard Cindy running a shower. “RIGHT!” He thought. “Get ready!” He was supposed to meet Cindy again soon. How soon was that? How long had he been standing there for?

He opened his back pack and grabbed one of the spare diapers, then threw it on the ground, spilling its contents. He ran into the shower and grabbed the L’oreal shampoo. Could he move again? Probably not, his lease was for a year, and he had just spent thousands to get here. Was there any way he could get her to move? He doubted he could lie convincingly enough, or come up with a good enough plan.

There was only one thing to do. He checked to make sure the fish bottle was indeed his ‘no tears’ shampoo, then put it into his hand. He would pass himself off as mature one way or another.

Cindy herself was showering.

“What an odd boy,” she thought. “Man,” she reminded herself. What was it about him that always made her do that? He certainly looked young enough.

She turned off the taps and began to dry off, then stood still as she heard David running around in his apartment. He was hiding something, she knew. He had a secret, and she would find out what it was.

Wonderful story so far! Hopefully there is more to come!

thank you! and there will be some, but it will likely be slow for this one, I am sorry. XD