The Leafless Tree - Chapter 4: Drake

5 bags

thanks haha.

It was good, but it was all a bit quick. Perhaps you could have spread the action a little? You killed two major characters and you can’t really afford to lose them at such a rate!

Also, phrases such as the last sentence need careful treatment in order to avoid a certain sense of bad-movie-tackiness. I think you haven’t quite got the tone yet for that concluding sentence.

The rest on the other hand, is quite good.

Ok am I the only person on here who saw that this was the end of the story? A least I think so. Also im plum confused what did u mean when u said her mothers blood washed over her

It’s not the end AT ALL, haha. THis is only the beginning. Also, your blood is your mother’s blood, so when her blood flowed over her body, she felt a spiritual connection to her mother

ok well if you can keep it getting better when you have killed of half the charachters you’re definetly a great author. I get the blood thing now to. Also one last thing. This is just a theory I have but I get the feeling that maybe the girl in the story isn’t the fathers daughter am I way off

Carnage, blood, and death.
Don’t bother me. I’m reading.

Note: The proceeding line was based off of an old Carles Jr. commercial which some may and some may not recognize.

This is a very well-written story. I can’t help but to associate Caroline with Calliope’s character Erin. There are many similarities in their childhood traumas.
Also, I thought I would never say this about anyone, ever, but I am SO! Glad Daddy Dearest is finally dead, and therefore unable to hurt anyone anymore.
So much for Father’s Day…