The anime thread

Hey everyone, I don’t know if many on the forum are anime fans but for those who are, this Is the place to share all your favorite animes. Lets see I’ve gotta say I’m really into neon genesis evangelion, Eureka seven, death note, naruto shippuden, and oh so many more (just don’t wanna write a whole page full) :wink:

The anime thread

I had this as a topic on the Xsorbit forum, I wanted to see if anyone else was going to post it!! I included Manga with Anime as well!!

I like…

Gunslinger Girl
Case Closed (Detective Conan)
Inu-Yasha
Zatch Bell
Moetan
Full Metal Alchemist
All of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies,

my list as of now!!

The anime thread

I really enjoyed Elfen Lied - I watched the whole lot in like 2 days. I know it’s not typical, but still.

Also - yeh - Studio Ghibli =D

The anime thread

Sorry - also - is Evangelion easy to get into?

You guys might like this for links to like, all anime.

The anime thread

Did you not know it was Japanese?

I’m sorry they didn’t have yours. If you search Anime.linkz I think there’s a geocities page as well which has some stuff?

The anime thread

But when programs are too episodic I can’t be arsed with them.

What does get to me is on planes. Our flight the other day had two random episodes of Prison Break and two of Lost amongst everything else. I could not imagine programs less suited to catching two episodes on a plane! (particularly Lost: lol)

The anime thread

If they had shown the first two episodes of Lost (or any of the five or so other where they actually show the plane crash), that would have been perfect.

And, yeah, I very rarely bother to watch shows (at least on television, though I’m about to mention an anime or two that goes against this) that are too episodic. Which probably comes from the fact that serial-type shows tend to have more interesting characters, since you can do a lot more with them if you don’t worry about making sure the occassional viewer will get why they’re acting different than they were the last time they tuned in.

As for my favorite anime, those would be:

Carcaptor Sakura (though I only have the bootleg version of this, and, now that I want to replace it with the legal one, Geneon is gone, making some of the discs next to impossible to find for a decent price)
Haibane Renmei
Gunslinger Girl (and hopefully the second season, though I have mixed feelings about that stemming from the perfect ending of the anime, even though the story in the manga that they’re focusing on in the second season is pretty cool)
Ergo Proxy
Elfen Lied
Paranoia Agent
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (and A’s, though I haven’t seen Strikers yet)
Angelic Layer
Azumanga Daioh
Fancy Lala

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Strawberry Marshmallow are both fun series, but they’re more Honorable-Mention-worthy than anything. Cute and entertaining, but not much more than that. The last few that did make it on the list were borderline Honorable Mentions, too, but I decided I enjoyed them just enough to put them in.

I don’t know that I would call Neon Genesis Evangelion easy to get into… I don’t know if I would have gotten past the first couple episodes if it weren’t for a friend assuring me how good the series was. And it is good, but I don’t know if I’d call it one of my favorites.

I’ve recently started watching Hell Girl (mostly because the box art is just ridiculously pretty) and Fullmetal Alchemist, and they both have a chance of making it onto my list of favorites at some point, FMA probably a little moreso.

Hell Girl is quite beautiful, and, at least on the second volume, had some interesting twists on the formula they set up in the first, but I can see it getting too repetitive pretty quickly. It is somewhat similar to Paranoia Agent in its basic structure, though at the moment I doubt there’s going to be quite as much of an overall storyline to HG as there was in the second half of PA.

FMA is far better than I was expecting. At least once they got past the first couple episodes, and established that, yes, that -is- why he’s called the Fullmetal Alchemist, and toned down the “humor” (because beating the audience over the head with character quirks over and over isn’t something that I can claim to find particularly funny). Once the show took a more serious turn, it got much better. Hopefully it will continue to do so - I’m only on episode 16 or so, I think. I was expecting it to focus a lot more on the action aspect, but, really, there’s only been a few fight scenes. Which is fine, since I prefer them to focus on the plot anyway.

I’m considering giving Naruto a chance sometime, too, but I somehow doubt I’ll be as pleasantly surprised with it as I was with FMA.

The anime thread

FMA is one of the few animes I evcer got to watch all the way. I was dissapointed there was likt 52 episodes but whatever they were great. The movie is pretty good too.

The anime thread

Cool!! Thanks Nemo, this rocks, this is cool, youtube is like deleting all the animes so this should help out a lot. And about Evangelion, you have to see a few episodes to really actually get into it. Thanks for he link =D

The anime thread

If you’re looking to actually download anime, this is a pretty decent site. I’ve been (very, very, very) slowly downloading Blood+ off of it. And then after that I’ll probably start on Monster, which will take even longer.

The anime thread

Yeah Blood+! Now that is a awsome show, I got another website thats pretty awsome, Crunchyroll.com, Sorry i dont know how to link it.

Enjoy =]

The anime thread

[url=YOUR URL HERE ] The text you want your link to say [/ URL]

Easy as pie. I think I’ll have to download FMA then. There goes work for a week. But what else can I do whilst House is on a break?

The anime thread

I think that was it for Strawberry Marshmallow, Vickie!! I hope you enjoy watching them all!! A “cute high”!!

giggle

The anime thread

Less of a comedown than a ‘crack high’…

=D

The anime thread

Vickie, where did you order Strawberry Marshmallow from or where did you get it? Because that is next on my list to get!!

The anime thread

One of the links above I think Icey…

The anime thread

Has anybody here seen Death Note? I find it a pretty cool show =]

The anime thread

Well, I took a slight detour from downloading Blood+ last night to get the first episode of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino. It’s been a little while since I’ve seen the first series, but at least compared to what I remember, it seems like the animation has gotten better, though the music has gotten worse. About half of the episode was an action sequence, which seemed odd, considering how little actual action there was in the first series, but it worked well enough as a way to re-introduce the characters. Still, it didn’t leave a lot of time for any actual story, but hopefully that will change with the upcoming episodes.

The new opening credit sequence is… interesting. The new closing is all right, but since it’s just recycling animation from earlier in the episode, I still prefer the old one.

All in all, it’s nice to see new Gunslinger Girl. This wasn’t the best episode by any means, but it was still pretty good. And it’s good to see that they’re getting straight into introducing Pinocchio next episode ^-^

The anime thread

NEW GUNSLINGER GIRLS!! Libby, that is great news!! I’ll have to check it out!!

The anime thread

I just got the box set of Strawberry Marshmallow, I love it!! I love how random Miu is & the episodes are so cute!! I just love it!!