School Band T-Shirts referencing Evolution recalled.

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/0px-18740-span-font.html

Not that we needed to add more gas to the Evolution Debate fire around here…

Re: School Band T-Shirts referencing Evolution recalled.

I love how schools will ban references to one side of the argument but never the other.

Evolution is taught at my old high school but creation isn’t. The gay clubs in our school were allowed to have a full fledge parade after classes, but somehow it was wrong for a set of christian twins to wear Tshirts that say “God made Adam and even” and “Not Adam and Steve.” I may not support creation, but until one of the sides is with out a doubt proven, BOTH deserve equality.

Well, I can see where they were coming from, since they were officially associated with the school. They also claim if they featured religious iconography they would have been scrapped too. We can’t know this for sure, of course, unless we live down there and are intimately involved with that school’s politics.

I personally like what the one mother said.

“If I wanted my children to be sheltered, I would have enrolled them in private school,” she said.

Also, I disagree with the school asst. superintendent said.

“If the shirts had said ‘Brass Resurrections’ and had a picture of Jesus on the cross, we would have done the same thing,” he said.

I’ve been to Mississippi. I have friends and family in Biloxi, Jackson and Tupelo. Nobody…or very few that is…would have said a word about a Christian-themed shirt. And the ones who DID speak up would be drowned out by the others who had no issues with a Christian-based shirt.

Alarmingly, more or less agreed.

I read this and all I could think was, “I hate people”.

Debating evolution is like debating the shape of the earth.

Ah…right, because when people oversimplify the shape of the earth to a sphere but forget due to high and low level landmasses this is not possible and continental drift affects the landmass shape around the earth even more so.

So…yeah the metaphor does work. The earth is “Pretty much” a sphere, but not really. Evolution is “Pretty much” proven, but not really. Fits the bill perfectly.

Definitely not an inflammatory comment.

I may like and support the idea of evolution but I can’t stand it when a complex and lifechanging theory is declared an absolute without any backing.

To clarify, I didn’t mean you, I meant that idiot beneath you.

….yourself?

– Moved to evolution debate thread –

Actually the earth is flat both as a perspective and as a geometric definition. An object can be both three dimensional and flat.

Now, as to your actual point of that kind of statement, the world isn’t two dimensional and doesn’t have an edge or end to it, that is true. However, that still doesn’t change the fact that your analogy is a HUGE oversimplification of the idea of Evolution.

Watch Expelled, its one of the reasons I don’t want to believe Evolution is fact until I see all the evidence that proves it is, without a doubt, 100% a fact and the primary reason for that is due to Creation have a science to it that doesn’t -have- to involve god, it just commonly (well, almost always) does.

Debating the meaning of life is like debating chocolate being better than vanilla. Do you see how grossly simplified, off tangent, and nearly insulting something like that can be? The shape of the earth and our origin on a molecular level have absolutely nothing in common, which is why your analogy pisses me off.

Jaks, I moved that to the other thread like Vickie asked.

To make my previous comment on-topic: banning a t-shirt about evolution is like banning a t-shirt about the earth being round. I suppose if the flat-earthers had a bigger constituency, that might happen.

No, Jaks, you knew which post I mean.