Oh it's a beautiful morning, it's a beautiful day!!!

Ah, things are finally starting to look up for me and my work.

Lets start with everything that happened to me that was bad.

~My pants split open today at Subway, thankfully in an area I could cover with my apron.

Mmk, now that that’s over with, onto the good stuff-

~I got 15 free bottled cokes because they were one day away from expiration at subway (apparently someone misplaced the tray).
~I found a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk and no one was around.
~Kalli quit Subway.
~My cousin, and good friend is coming to work as the manager at my Subway.
~With my cousin and the District manager who has worked with two of my cousins and myself now, it’s going to be -incredibly- hard to ever get fired.
~I got a job offer at Cashland for 9 bucks an hour full time.
~Did I mention, Kalli quit subway!!!

Man, someone could have shredded my pants up and revealed that I’m wearing hello kitty panties to the world and I’d still be completely fucking happy that Kalli quit subway.

On a side note, to the admins-

We seem to have a lot of threads about what happened during a single particular day for people. Should we maybe create a “How was your day thread” for people to post and discuss their days? Just an idea.

Re: Oh it’s a beautiful morning, it’s a beautiful day!!!

Nice not to have you whining for once :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, probably not. I’ve had bad experiences with Cashland before so I won’t really contribute to that, but the work force agency I’m a member of occasionally sends out my resume to hiring employers, and usually I just get a call from someone trying to schedule an interview. Cashland was one of the few places that actually said “We’ve been trying to get someone for about three weeks now and I’ll interview you first but the job is basically yours if you want it. Pay starts at 9 an hour.”

Nice to know I could be offered that on the spot. Don’t want it but still felt awesome.

Yeah we’re still waiting for you to shut the hell up with these snide ass unnecessary and undeserved comments. I have a crappy day, better to complain about it here or on some other forum than to say…physically take it out on someone else, no?

Yeah we’re still waiting for you to shut the hell up with these snide ass unnecessary and undeserved comments. I have a crappy day, better to complain about it here or on some other forum than to say…physically take it out on someone else, no?

Sensitive much?

Not really. This isn’t even close to the first time I’ve gotten a similar response from him for no friggin reason.

Nice to see you in a good mood for once… and I know all about bitchy managers. I work for one, but I just let it slide because she will be leaving in a year or two to go onto a full-time teaching job. I also am one that avoids drama.

Finding money, that’s always a good thing. Super Bowl Sunday last year, I was walking into work for the Brunch shift, and I found a $20 bill that some drunk college kid probably dropped the night before on the sidewalk. THAT was free beer money. And I LOVE beer, especially free beer. Although, that was not the best find for money, I once found $70 in the deep end of the swimming pool at my building.

OH, and things are good for me too… I just bought me an XBox 360 :smiley:

BabyChris121675

Jaclyn, I was 100% joking. If you would prefer I can come out with some inane platitudes?

The comment is a tongue in cheek reference to the fact that it makes a change that things are looking up and that this is a good thing.

Ok, well how about this. I don’t appreciate that kind of joke.

Don’t appreciate it or don’t get it?

And I’m sorry.

Now you’re gonna insult my capacity to get a joke?

No, I understood that you were joking, I just didn’t like it. Please don’t patronize me any more. This was supposed to be a thread where I post how I’m doing wonderful and am actually happy for once in a long while and I don’t need anybody trying to shit on that.

No, I understood that you were joking, I just didn’t like it. Please don’t patronize me any more. This was supposed to be a thread where I post how I’m doing wonderful and am actually happy for once in a long while and I don’t need anybody trying to shit on that.

Too bad. You didn’t want comments, you shouldn’t have shared. You didn’t like the comments, you could have ignored. Given the number of posts you’ve made that others may not find funny or endearing, you’re the last person who should be complaining right now.

So…I’m not allowed to be offended that after having one really good day since I got hired at Subway, someone makes a joke at my expense?

Good to know that Rule #1 no longer applies to anything said to me. Yeah I won’t bother trying to be cheerful and pleasant (for once) anymore.

You can take offense to whatever you want, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be criticized for it when such criticism is warranted. Nemo’s comment was a joke. It wasn’t a funny one, but it was clearly denoted as such. Note the :P.

I know you know this already, but the world doesn’t change simply because you’re having a good day…or a bad one.

You’ve proven my point exactly.

It wasn’t a funny joke, and because I didn’t find it funny and instead found it rather offensive, I reacted as such.