New York and Same Sex Marriage PASSED!!!!!

Celebrate good times people!!!

33 to 29, the Senate passed the bill. Same sex couples living in NY are now allowed to get married! WOOOOOOOOT

Re: New York and Same Sex Marriage PASSED!!!

At least the state legislature passed it instead of some unelected judge. The state legislators are the representatives of the people not activist judges. When judges usurp power to change the definition of marriage, that is wrong. State legislators write the laws of each individual state and only state legislatures should be able to make this change in law.

Don’t think it makes a difference whether a judge rules for same-sex marriage or the legislature decides to change the law? It makes all the difference in the world.

I don’t think it mentions them specifically, but it would allow two women or men to get married, regardless of what the gender marker said on their birth certificate or drivers license. A post-op TS is whatever gender they were switched to in the eyes of the law. They could marry the opposite gender before, and they can still marry now if it’s the same gender as they are.

Without this bill, I think the way it would work is like this-

If neither have the surgery, Elly and I can’t get married.
If One has the surgery, Elly and I could get married.
If both have the surgery, Elly and I can’t get married.

However, now that the bill is passed, it doesn’t matter what body part we have.