Life and Death Choices Made Casually Chapter Eighteen: A Boyfriend and a Plan

I got some more writing done. I’ve been busy and I will continue to be busy for a while. I got volunteer work and I have to get ready for a friend’s wedding and a bachelor’s party, so writing might not get done as fast as I want. I have five major things I got to do before the story ends and I think I can wrap up the story before too long.

Here are the previous chapters:

Chapter 17

Chapter 16

Chapter 15

Chapter 14

Chapter 13

Chapter 12

Chapter 11

Chapter 10

Chapter 9

Chapter 8

Chapter 7

Chapter 6

Chapter 5

Chapter 4

Chapter 3

Chapter 2

Chapter 1

Life and Death Choices Made Casually Chapter Eighteen: A Boyfriend and a Plan

Bridget woke up screaming from her dream. It was getting worse, not better. Her plans for revenge against the terrorist and worries for how she would accomplish it combined with the memory of the tanker truck combined to make her nightmare worse than ever.

She awoke in a puddle in a strange bed and looked around in a panic. Derek still lay asleep next to her. She felt the sheets between them and found to her horror that the wetness extended between them. “Oh crap.” She never had anything like this happen to her. Every time she had wet the bed before, she had been alone. She never had shared something like this with a boyfriend. She was sure he would react in horror.

Derek stirred and then frowned when he noticed the puddle.

“I’m sorry,” said Bridget.

He scooted next to her and put an arm around her. “Well, it’s not like you didn’t warn me,” he said. He looked down at the puddle. “Well, we may as well get up.”

Bridget got out of the bed and looked down at herself. The white shirt she borrowed from Derek was yellowed around the bottom. She glanced at Derek and blushed.

“I’ll take care of the bedding while you take a shower,” he said. He started sweeping up the sheets from the bed and threw them in a basket. Bridget blushed when Derek removed the sheets and she saw the wet spot on the mattress pad.

“Don’t worry,” he said. “It will clean up.” He waved his arm toward the door. “Now go; shower.” He smiled.

Bridget turned and headed toward the bathroom. She unbuttoned Derek’s shirt and dropped her borrowed shorts to the floor and stepped in the shower. She turned on the water and let it run over her shoulders. As she scrubbed herself clean and soaped herself, she thought about how nice Derek seemed nice about the wet bed, but wasn’t sure how long he would want to put up with her bedwetting. Even when she came prepared with her night time protection when she slept over next time. But as long as he did she was happy that he seemed to like her.

When she got out to dry herself, she noticed that her clothes from yesterday. Derek must have come in and laid them out for her when he got her soiled nice clothes. She smiled as she reached for the clothes and put them to her nose. The smelled fresh from the detergent he used to wash them the night before. There would be no walk of shame this morning for her. She dressed. It felt funny not wearing any underwear. She hadn’t had time to put on a bra when she left Friday night and she had just pulled her jeans on over her diaper. Now she just had her bare skin against the jeans and she hoped she didn’t have another accident.

Derek was making the bed with fresh sheets when she returned from the bathroom. She went to the bed and patted the middle with her hand.

“It’s dry,” he said. “It didn’t soak through the mattress pad. It’s waterproof.” He put his arm around her and gave her a kiss.

“Why did you have a waterproof mattress pad?” asked Bridget.

“I bought it by mistake,” he smiled. The mattress pad had looked cloth and there was no evidence of any plastic on it. “It turned out to be a happy mistake, especially if you stay over more often.”

Bridget’s face burned with embarrassment. “I’m sure you won’t be wanting to do washing every time I stay over.”

“Well, no,” he admitted. “Maybe you could wear a diaper like you had when I found you in the woods.”

Bridget felt herself blush again. Her face felt so hot that she thought it might melt. The thought of Derek seeing her, of smelling her, wearing a shitty diaper was too much. “Not just like that,” she said.

He kissed her. “You want some breakfast?”

She held on to him and returned the kiss, adding more tongue. “Not just yet,” she breathed when she finally got her breath. She pulled him on top of her when she fell back onto the bed.

When they finished, her jeans had a slippery wet spot on them about the size of a saucer. She blushed. It wasn’t pee and it didn’t stain her jeans. It just felt uncomfortable.

“I think it’s cute,” said Derek.

She stuck out her tongue. “You would.” She followed him down the stairs to the kitchen and took a seat in one of the chairs.

“I’ll cook for you,” he said. He opened a box of Pop Tarts and put them in the toaster and then joined her in the next chair. “Do you want to stay over again?”

“Umm.”

“I thought of a way to get the terrorist to break into the place I’ve been fixing up.”

“Oh?” said Bridget.

“I got some land,” he said. “There is a cute little farm house and some sheds. It used to be a fur farm. If we can convince the terrorist it is full of furry animals awaiting slaughter, he will probably try to raid the place.”

“Then,” said Bridget, “he is burglarizing the place and we can claim self defense when we get him.”

“Yes,” said Derek.

“Do you have a gun I can borrow?” she asked.

“Angela,” he looked at her sternly.

“He ruined my life more. I get to do it.”

“Yeah, there is a revolver in my night stand.” He looked like he was reluctant about the whole thing.

“Cool,” she said. “You’ll need to teach me to shoot it. I am a little rusty since I haven’t shot a gun for years and never a revolver.”

“Maybe this is a bad idea,” said Derek.

“The terrorist killed children and I was blamed for it,” she said. “You don’t think it would do me any good to go to the police and tell them everything? If they believed me, I would go back to jail. If they didn’t, well it wouldn’t stop the terrorist either.”

Derek sighed. “Well let’s think about pleasant things until we have to take you back home.” He pulled her in for a kiss.

Bridget knocked on the door to her dorm room. Her keys were on her key ring and Flower had stolen it along with her car. She knocked again and Flower opened the door.

“Angela?”

“Yes, it’s me.” She pushed past her and entered her room. “What did you think you were doing leaving me like that?”

Flower looked down. “Well, I–”

“Well, I nothing. What happened to my car? What happened to my keys? What happened to Dave Matthews’ metal detector?”

“I parked your car in the parking lot.” She handed me the keys. “Dave came by for the metal detector and I gave it back to him. What happened? What did they do to you?”

“Oh good. I don’t want Dave to be mad at me,” Bridget said.

“So how did you get away from the lumberjacks?” asked Flower.

“I didn’t,” she said. That was the truth, but she wanted to work on Flower’s guilty conscious. “They turned me over to the police and my parents had to come get me. They are not happy with me either. My dad almost pulled me out of college.”

“I’m so sorry,” said Flower.

“Maybe you will think about the consequences of committing crimes, even if it is for something like saving trees.” Bridget angrily turned into her closet and got out a clean outfit.

“What are they charging you with?” asked Flower.

“They agreed to drop the charges since it didn’t look like I had gotten to any tree to spike it yet. It was good I got all the nails out before they caught us.” Bridget thought she had better give Flower a reprieve. She couldn’t spook her too much or else her plan to get the terrorist wouldn’t work.

“Why were you wearing a diaper?” asked Flower.

“I have bad dreams and it makes me wet the bed.” She gave Flower a stern look. “You will not repeat this to anyone.”

“I promise.”

“A wet diaper did not endear me to either the lumberjacks or the other inmates in the lockup.”

“I’m so sorry,” said Flower. “That must have been so embarrassing. I’ll do anything to make it up to you.”

Bridget smiled. She thought about all the things she could do to Flower. Should she put her on a bacon diet? Make her stand there and wet her pants in front of Bridget, or better yet make her poop herself like Bridget had done Friday night? “I’ll think about how you can make things up to me. Until then, just keep the diapers a secret.”

“I can do that, I think,” said Flower.

“You’d better,” said Bridget.

Bridget had been napping when she heard a knock at her door. She got up and threw on some shorts over her diaper and answered the door. It was Derek.

“Oh hi,” she said and gave him a peck on the cheek.

He returned her kiss with a full smooch and his hand reached behind her to pat her on the butt. His hand quickly sprang away when he felt something crinkle, but then he returned his hand to her bottom, this time beneath her shorts.

Her door was wide open and she heard voices coming down the hallway. “Derek, stop,” she said. “Someone’s coming.”

He made an oh expression of understanding and let go of her. He reached out into the hall and picked up the crowbar she had borrowed from Dave.

“I thought I would return your crowbar.” He walked in and shut the door.

“Thanks,” she said. “I had borrowed it.”

“Well now that I am here….” He took her by the hand and sat on her bed and she sat next to him. They kissed.

He seemed to have an interest in her diaper, so she finally gave up batting his had away. “I think they make you look adorable,” he said.

“So your reason for liking me is not that I seem grown up anymore. It is now that I am childish.” Bridget frowned at him.

“That is not it at all,” he said. He left her diaper alone and concentrated on what was under her shirt. “Is his better?”

“Much,” she said. “I was taking a nap. That why I was diapered.”

“I know. It’s the bad dreams. I don’t blame you at all.” He release her breast and straightened her shirt and just held her in his arms.

“I am content for now,” said Bridget as she lay her head back against his shoulder. They talked for a few minutes until Flower came in the door.

“Hey,” she said. “It’s almost 10:00. No guys allowed after 10:00.” She took a look at Derek’s thick arms and blushed. “Well you got about five minutes yet. Who is the hunk?”

“Well this is Derek. He was my prom date. We just reconnected today.” Bridget smiled since she was in Derek’s arms.

“Well, I got to get up early for work. Boss wants the stuff ready for a new shipment.”

“Well call me,” Bridget said.

After Derek left, Bridget pulled out her phone and called Dave Matthews. “Meet me downstairs. We got to talk.”

Bridget went down to the lobby and waited crowbar in hand.

“You wanted to see me?” he asked.

“I just wanted to make sure you got your metal detector back okay,” she said. “I am sorry I didn’t get it back to you personally, but it was literally a matter of life or death. I returned it to my dorm room when I finished with it and was going to bring it to you as soon as I got back.”

“I got it from your roommate,” he said. “Did you find anything with it?”

“A bunch of bent nails.”

“I am sorry that is all you found.”

“I’m not,” said Bridget. “If I didn’t find those nails I am afraid someone would have gotten hurt.”

“Well, okay,” he said. He sounded confused.

“Oh, here is your crowbar.”

“Good,” he said. “Flower didn’t know anything about it.” He took the crowbar from her. “If you need to borrow anything again, let me know if I can help. Maybe we could have found better things if I had gone with you.”

“You sure my incontinence problem won’t bother you?” asked Bridget.

“I meant as friends, Angela.”

“I know you wanted more until you saw my pull-up fall out of my purse,” said Bridget. “I went home and cried.”

“Angela,” he said, “I’m sorry, but aren’t you glad I found out before I asked you, than have me break up with you when I did find out. I do like you as friends and I don’t want to lose that.”

“Well it doesn’t matter, I suppose,” she said. “I met a guy this weekend and he is my boyfriend now.”

“Does he know about…?”

“Yes he knows,” said Bridget, “but he likes me for who I am, not what I wear.”

“Well, I am happy for you,” said Dave. “I am sorry about hurting your feelings.”

“I am happy being friends with you, Dave. You saved my life by lending me the metal detector. I need to go to bed. Class is in the morning.”

“Well goodnight.”

She was already walking away toward the elevators. Soon the terrorist would not invade her dreams and she would wake up dry again.

Re: Life and Death Choices Made Casually Chapter Eighteen: A Boyfriend and a Plan

Another excellent chapter,keep up the good work

Re: Life and Death Choices Made Casually Chapter Eighteen: A Boyfriend and a Pla

I really enjoy this story. Some of your other stories too-- something about your characters and situations grabs me, pulls me into the story. I find myself waiting for each new piece.