Hey Kitty (Chapter 1 Part 2 done)

Hey everyone. So I guess this is my first attempt at writing a story and actually posting it. I’ve been fiddling with this thing for years and right now it’s a jumbled mess of incomplete and disconnected chapters but I finally took some time to make at least half of the first chapter readable and publish it.

I’ll paste a copy of it here but I’ve got the main draft on Wattpad which you can read and comment on here.

Let me know what you think and maybe if enough people like it I’ll actually try to finish it. I’ll feel socially pressured into finishing it.

[HR][/HR]Chapter 1 - A Typical Morning

Kitty Clarke groaned and tossed about on her mattress uncomfortably as she was gradually dragged out of a pleasant dream. She was tired and her alarm hadn’t gone off yet but it seemed like the morning had no plans on letting her fall back to sleep. The sun’s light, refusing to mind its own business, had sneaked through a crack in the curtains and, upon finding Kitty’s eyelids, began to sting them with unwelcome enthusiasm. The teenager winced and groped around for something to cover her eyes but then stomach pangs ravaged her sides as her tummy roared, protesting its currently empty state.

All together, these things would be more than enough to start any 16 year-old girl’s day on the wrong foot, but this morning they were the least of Kitty’s problems. Below her waist she could feel a cold and clammy dampness pressing against her skin. Kitty was very familiar with this unpleasantness and normally she’d have it dealt with when she was ready to wake up but today it was different than usual. It was itchy. Very itchy. Unbearably itchy.

And that was it.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!”

The high school girl wailed at the top her lungs and started kicking her legs wildly, pounding her fists on the mattress with all her might. She was groggy, hungry, and worst of all her diaper was wet and cold and yucky and making her bottom itchy and she wanted it changed! She wanted it changed NOW!

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

After about a minute of crying, Kitty felt a strong pair of arms reach under her and lift her out of her crib. Slowly, she opened her eyes to find a warm and loving smile there to greet her.

“DADA!!!” the teenage girl cried out. Yes! Her daddy had come to save her! She hugged her father with all her might, burying her tear-soaked face in his shoulder and sobbing into it.

“Good morning Sunshine,” answered Steve Clarke as he propped his daughter on his hip and checked her diaper. The soft white plastic crinkled as the girl fussed and the faded outlines of what used to be bright stars and moons decorated the surface. The diaper had been soaked to the core and bulged out massively but showed no sign of leaking thanks to its thickness. “My my, I don’t remember the weatherman saying anything about a flood last night.” Steve chuckled at this little joke but Kitty just looked up at him with a frown and cried some more. There was nothing funny about a soggy diaper.

“Aww… don’t you worry Kitten. Daddy’s gonna make it all better.” He carried her across the room and laid her down on a large changing table. Kitty’s diaper made an unpleasant squishing sound as it pressed against the soft pink mat making the young girl immediately start kicking her legs and bawling again. Considering their volume and energy, it seemed the girl’s cries could go on for days but they were suddenly obstructed by a soft, rubbery nipple.

As the sweet formula washed over her tongue and began filling her empty tummy, Kitty’s wails of discomfort quickly turned to squeals of delight.

“Mmmmm!” She let out a satisfied coo and smiled, looking up from the baby bottle her daddy was holding up to her lips.

“There’s my happy little girl. I had a feeling you wanted your breakfast early.”

Kitty grasped the large glass bottle with both her hands. It was twice as big as a regular baby bottle and appeared to hold about 16 oz of formula but Kitty suckled down its contents like any hungry baby would.

“Now, let’s see what we got here” Steve untaped his daughter’s wet diaper and slid it out from under her. The disposable was at least an inch thick but the teenage girl still managed to soak it all the way through.

“I don’t think I’ll ever figure out how such a little girl could make so much pee pee in one night.” He gave his daughter a knowing look as he balled up the very used diaper and tossed it in the pail. Kitty showed no reaction to her daddy’s comment however, as she was much too busy with her bottle to pay him any attention. Steve just smiled and continued changing his daughter.

As her daddy began cleaning her up, the still half-asleep Kitty let her eyes drift up to the mobile hanging over her head. With one hand still gripping her bottle, she reached up and tried to grab one of the soft pastel butterflies that dangled from above.

“Buhfwee…” she lightly cooed as she grazed one with the tip of her finger.

Steve stopped cleaning Kitty’s bottom and winded up the mobile. As the toy started to turn, Waltz of the Flowers began to play through a music box. Kitty giggled and swayed her head to the tune as she watched the butterflies spin above her.

Once he flipped her over on the changing table, Steve immediately noticed the telltale redness on Kitty’s bottom.

“Uh oh, it looks like someone got a yucky diaper rash last night.”

Kitty let out a whine when she heard this. Rashes were just the worstest thing ever and she absolutely hated them!

“There there,” Steve cooed “Daddy knows just what to do to make the ouchies go bye bye.” He unscrewed a container of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste and rubbed it onto the affected area. Once he was satisfied, he then covered his daughter in a nice thick cloud of baby powder and pulled out a pair of disposable diapers from under the changing table. They were large and thick like the one she woke up in and had designs that looked more appropriate on a baby diaper than something made for teenagers. Both of them had cartoons covering the front panels and colorful patterns all over the bright white plastic. Both were solid white but one had smiling clouds decorating it while the other had cute little flowers. “What’ll it be today Kitty? Clouds or daisies?”

Still suckling her bottle, the teenage girl furrowed her brow with a look of intense concentration before reaching up and enthusiastically smacking the daisy covered diaper with her free hand. “Dah one!” she yelped. “Excellent choice!” Her father smiled and unfolded the diaper under her.

As she felt the soft pillowy material of the new diaper press against her bottom Kitty let out a little squeal. Her parents had been changing her diapers since elementary school but she never got tired of how wonderful it felt, especially in the morning. The fresh smell of baby powder, the feeling of cold clamminess being replaced with a dry softness, and mommy and daddy giving her the same love and care they did when she was a little girl. For her, the day just didn’t start until she had a new diaper on.

Kitty cooed with excitement as her daddy pulled up the front of the diaper and taped it into place. The soft bulk of the padding pressed out again her legs and crinkled as she kicked her feet in the air.

“All done Kitty. And it looks like so are you.” Steve lightly tapped at the back of Kitty’s bottle. The girl hadn’t even noticed it was empty and she was sucking on air. She blushed, giggling at the silly realization and let her daddy take the empty bottle before picking her up off the table.

“Fank you Dada!” Kitty squealed as she hugged her daddy extra tight.

“You’re very welcome Kitten,” said Steve as he gave his daughter’s newly diapered bottom a few good pats causing small puffs of baby powder to escape out the leg openings. Kitty just giggled and kicked her legs.

“Now, how about we head to the kitchen and finish breakfast with mommy?”

“Bweaky! Bweaky!” said Kitty bouncing excitedly, but before Steve could walk out the door with her she suddenly began to fidget and whimper. He could feel her pressing into his chest and stretching her arms out behind him as if trying to grasp something way out of reach.

“What’s a matter now baby?”

“Cotton! Wan Cotton!” She whined with a look on her face like she was about to die of sadness. Steve turned around to see Kitty’s favorite stuffed rabbit sitting in her crib.

“Aww… Baby wants her bun bun?”

“Bun bun! Bun bun! Wan bunbun!” she turned around, refusing to take her eyes off her plush companion.

And with that Steve carried his daughter back to her crib and re-united her with her stuffed animal.

“Cotton!” She squealed and hugged the rabbit as hard as she could. “Fank you dada!”

She gave her daddy the biggest kiss on the cheek ever.

“Well, that oughta keep me going for the rest of the day” Steve chuckled.

Finally content, Kitty rested her head on daddy’s shoulder and let him carry her out of her nursery. Along the way she could feel him patting her gently on the back. This paired with the rhythmic bouncing of his hip resulted in something you’d expect from a baby who just finished a whole bottle.

“BUUUURRRRPPPP!” All the gas trapped in Kitty’s stomach came out in one massive belch followed by a sigh of relief.

“My goodness that was a big one! Does my little girl have an extra tummy hiding in there?” Steve lifted his girl up and nuzzled her tummy.

“Dat tickles Dada!” Kitty squirmed as her father held her up.

They soon arrived in the kitchen where Kitty’s mom was waiting.

“I think I felt the house shake that time. Did Kitty finish her bottle already?” asked Vanessa Clarke.

“She sure did. I don’t know how such a little thing can make so much noise.” Steve replied

“Well, her drama teacher did say she was a natural when it came to voice projection.”

“Good morning Mama!” yelped Kitty.

“Good morning Pumpkin. Did you have a bad dream?”

Kitty just pouted and shook her head.

“The little one’s got a diaper rash” Steve said as he placed the girl at the kitchen table.

“Aww! You poor thing! Well just for you Mommy’s made some yummy waffles with blueberries and powdered sugar!”

“Yaaay! Waffles!” Kitty cheered and started bouncing excitedly in her seat until her mom brought her plate to her. Waffles were her favorite and would definitely make this morning better.

“Thank you Mama!” the girl said politely before digging in.

“You’re welcome sweetie.” Vanessa sat down next to her with her own plate. “Did you finish more of your summer reading last night?”

Kitty paused for a moment to finish chewing down a big piece of waffle before responding with a timid smile, “A little bit.”

“Kitten, I know you were sick for the first half of the week but the sooner you finish your Summer assignments the sooner you can enjoy your vacation.”

“I know Mama. I know.” Kitty said, suddenly sounding more like a high school girl than she did when she woke up.

“I remember last year you had your reading done the first day” Steve chimed in as he sat down at the table.

“That’s because last year it was the Hunger Games and she already read it,” Vanessa responded with a smirk.

“Since when do schools assign students books they actually enjoy reading?”

As her parents continued talking over her head, Kitty picked up the pace on her waffles, hoping to finish before the conversation boomeranged back to her and her homework.

Once she was finished, she discreetly pulled out her chair and made a crinkling beeline to the sink so she could rinse off her plate and put it in the dishwasher. Just when she almost made it out of the kitchen though…

“Kitty…”

Dangit! “Yes Mama?” Kitty asked peeking her head into the kitchen while the rest of her body waited in the hallway.

“Mommy has to make a business call this morning. Will you be okay with dressing yourself for daycare today?”

“Sure!” The teenage girl replied with a thumbs up.

“Thank you Sweetie!”

Feeling victorious, Kitty grabbed the pacifier she had hanging from her nightie, placed it between her lips, and began sucking on it as she made her way back to her nursery.

Re: Hey Kitty (Chapter 1 partially done)

So, I’ve added some more to the first chapter. Maybe I’ll have it done soon! I hope… Please let me know what you think guys!

Spacing would be a useful edit here.

hmm, that’s odd. I fixed some of the spacing issues myself and they reverted. And don’t show up in the edit history even though I set an edit reason so they would. WTF?!

I hate pasting onto this board because the formatting from a paste seems to always do this. What I have found works for me is to paste it into rich text file and manually put an extra return carriage between each line. It’s time consuming and a pain… but all of the find and replace solutions I’ve tried seem to fail.

The story right now is pushing the suspension of disbelief a bit much for me, but could easily explain it more and make it something I’ll want to continue to read personally. Other than the spacing though I could follow it well. Hope to see more soon!

[QUOTE=BabySofia;71726]I hate pasting onto this board because the formatting from a paste seems to always do this. What I have found works for me is to paste it into rich text file and manually put an extra return carriage between each line. It’s time consuming and a pain… but all of the find and replace solutions I’ve tried seem to fail.

The story right now is pushing the suspension of disbelief a bit much for me, but could easily explain it more and make it something I’ll want to continue to read personally. Other than the spacing though I could follow it well. Hope to see more soon![/QUOTE]

I’ve found right-clicking and “Paste as Plain Text” instead of just a straight Ctrl-V paste solves that problem rather elegantly.

It also loses all the formatting, the entire purpose for the WYSIWYG editor being the default… if you really don’t care about losing the formatting, you can just toggle it off temporarily. That’s the very first button on the editor toolbar is for, it switches between WYSIWYG and Source mode and source mode does the same as paste as plain text (or for that matter, CTRL+SHIFT+V will as well :wink: )

True, but in the OP’s example, I don’t see any italics or boldface or any other custom formatting that would necessitate preservation.

and you were addressing BabySofia’s response, not the OP, so different context, and my reply still stands.

[QUOTE=BabySofia;71726]I hate pasting onto this board because the formatting from a paste seems to always do this. What I have found works for me is to paste it into rich text file and manually put an extra return carriage between each line. It’s time consuming and a pain… but all of the find and replace solutions I’ve tried seem to fail.

The story right now is pushing the suspension of disbelief a bit much for me, but could easily explain it more and make it something I’ll want to continue to read personally. Other than the spacing though I could follow it well. Hope to see more soon![/QUOTE]

I took some time out to edit the spaces manually. I hope this helps. I can’t believe the primary focus of discussion for my first story would be about a spacing issue. :confused:

As for suspension of disbelief, Hey Kitty takes place on an Earth where Infantilism has developed into a subculture no different from Goth, Punk, Furries, etc. It’s not mainstream but it also doesn’t have the same social stigma as it does in our world. Because of this, parents who discover their kids wanting to be babied are much more likely to accept or even embrace that lifestyle than they are to outright reject it. I really want to avoid expositing on that difference and let the reader figure it out on their own, but now I’m concerned it might drive potential readers away if I don’t. What do you think?

Exposition is an important tool. Don’t rely on it overly if you can help it, but to some degree it is necessary. In this case it seems like it would have helped.

It’s a lot more engaging to have the idiosyncrasies of the setting explained within the story itself rather than doing so as a response to feedback. Assuming this world ever was like ours, it would be interesting to see some amount of the process of how it became so accepting.

[QUOTE=winnerchickendinner;71766]Exposition is an important tool. Don’t rely on it overly if you can help it, but to some degree it is necessary. In this case it seems like it would have helped.

It’s a lot more engaging to have the idiosyncrasies of the setting explained within the story itself rather than doing so as a response to feedback. Assuming this world ever was like ours, it would be interesting to see some amount of the process of how it became so accepting.[/QUOTE]

I think I’m gonna have to disagree with you. Trying to explain all the events that led to a society where infantilists became a visible subculture would probably go as well as midichlorians did for Star Wars. I’m just gonna keep writing what I know and hoping that my style and content will win readers over.

[HR][/HR]
Anyways, here’s part 2 of chapter 1. Final part coming very soon I hope.

[HR][/HR]
Kitty’s room had everything you’d expect to find in an average teenage girl’s room. It had a work desk and laptop for studying, flat screen television with various video game consoles plugged in underneath, and some posters for different books, bands, and movies she liked pinned to the walls.

It also had everything you’d expect to find in an average baby girl’s nursery (except much bigger.) There was, of course, the wooden crib she slept in. It stood 2 1/2 feet off the ground with a curved headboard that was 3 1/2 feet tall. The frame was built to fit a full-sized mattress, which was more than enough room for Kitty to bring lots of toys and stuffed animals friends with her to bedtime. The whole thing had been painted a soft snow white that went well with the cute baby pink sheets and bedspread. Kitty didn’t care how cliched it looked, pink would always be her favorite color.

The changing table followed the same pink and white theme as the crib and seemed to be part of a matching set. Its soft pink pad was a good 30 inches off the ground too and had a dozen cubbies and drawers filled to the brim with teen-size diapers and baby supplies.

Among other things, Kitty’s nursery included a massive toy chest, a rocking horse, a doll house, and a giant teddy bear that was four feet tall sitting down. Kitty felt so very lucky to have a family who enjoyed indulging her little side and making her feel so small and loved. She knew not every parent could afford a nursery this nice. One of her friends had to save up her own allowance just to get a crib.

After washing her hands and face in her bathroom, Kitty cheerfully strolled to her closet to pick out an outfit for the day. Turning on the light revealed that this would be no easy task. There were a lot of cute babying clothes to choose from: onesies, jumpers, rompers, shirts and skirts… She did have a few “normal” clothes for certain occasions but they were clearly in the minority.

As she ran her fingers over the different outfits, Kitty found herself stopping at one of her favorites, a frilly white baby dress and matching bonnet. It had to be one of the most childish things she had. “Hmm…” she made a noise as if she was thinking really hard, but then just giggled before putting the dress back. As much as she loved that outfit she knew it wouldn’t last five minutes at daycare. She needed something a bit more suitable for a day of physical and potentially messy activities.

With that in mind Kitty left her closet carrying a romper and t-shirt which she hung up on the side of her crib before she got undressed. First, unclipping her pacifier so it wouldn’t get caught, she slipped off her nightie and tossed it in the hamper with one quick motion.

Naked now except for the large diaper swaddling her waist, Kitty opened one of the drawers in her changing table to reveal a collection of bras. When Kitty’s body first started developing, she thought it only made sense to keep her bras in the same place as the rest of her “underwear.” They were probably the only “grown-up” thing Kitty had in terms of clothing but they all looked very childish and girly either in soft whites or pastel colors and trimmed with frilly lace. Grabbing a white one from the drawer she put it on and started getting dressed.

The shirt was white with pink horizontal stripes and piping around the sleeves. The soft cotton top was loose fitting and comfortable, but short and barely covered the front panel of her diaper when she put it on.

Next came the romper. It was made of light-blue denim and had elastic sewn into the leg holes and along the waistline. Kitty put her feet through the leg openings and pulled the garment up and over her diaper. The elastic waistband of the romper stretched out almost to its limit as she slid it over the apogee of her thick behind. Once it was securely over her diaper, Kitty tucked her t-shirt into the waistband and pulled up the bib in front so she could fasten it in place with the straps that went over her shoulders.

Satisfied with her outfit, she went over to her vanity for some finishing touches. The vanity was a lovely eggshell white with a built-in tri-fold mirror and was littered with everything a girl would need to get ready for the day. Brushes, hairdryer, makeup kit, jewelry box, an assortment of nail polish in tiny bottles and a small collection of little stuffed animals.

Her bottom crinkled audibly as she sat down on her little bench, the romper did very little to muffle the sound of her diapers. She just giggled at this and started to put a small bit of makeup and eyeliner on. She didn’t really need it but was at that age where she wasn’t completely comfortable without at least some of it on.

“My baby girl looks so grownup putting makeup on all by herself!”

Before she could turn around a pair of arms hugged Kitty from behind as her mommy’s face appeared next to her in the vanity mirror.

“Mama!” Kitty made a big smile behind the guard of her pacifier and lovingly rubbed her cheek against her mommy’s.

“I see you’ve got yourself all dressed up too! Such a good girl!” said Vanessa straightening out the bib on her daughter’s romper.

Kitty just beamed at this comment.

“Do you want Mommy to brush your hair Kitten?”

Kitty responded with an enthusiastic nod “Yesh pwease!”

Vanessa picked up the brush sitting on the vanity and began running it through her daughter’s pretty hazelnut hair. Kitty’s hair just went past to her shoulders and wasn’t very difficult to take care of, but she still loved it when Mommy did her hair for her. It seemed almost like magic the way she could get all the knots out without hurting her. Once she was done, Vanessa grabbed a large pink ribbon from one of the Vanity drawers and tied Kitty’s hair with it.

“There we go! How do you like it sweetie?”

Kitty looked up and examined herself in the mirrors. Her mom had decided to give her a ponytail today, lining it up with her ears and tying it with a large pink bow, big enough to be seen from both the front and back. She gave her head a shake, wagging it left and right and giggled.

“I wub it!” the girl lisped behind her pacifier.

“Let’s hope none of the other little ones at Daycare decide to tug on it this time.”

Kitty furrowed her brow remembering how much trouble having long hair can be at Daycare.

“I can only imagine how bad it must be for Anna.”

This made Kitty giggle. As much as she loved Anna, she couldn’t help laughing whenever her friend got her hair pulled. The resulting chaos was always priceless.

“It’s that bad huh?” Vanessa looked at her daughter with a knowing smirk to which Kitty stuck her tongue out, dropping her pacifier onto the vanity.

“Uh oh! Silly girl!” Vanessa put Kitty’s pacifier clip back on and attached it to one of her romper’s shoulder straps.

Kitty smiled and put the pacifier back in her mouth. “Fank you Mama!”

[QUOTE=Staccato;71828]I think I’m gonna have to disagree with you. Trying to explain all the events that led to a society where infantilists became a visible subculture would probably go as well as midichlorians did for Star Wars. I’m just gonna keep writing what I know and hoping that my style and content will win readers over.
[/QUOTE]

If it’s not something you want to write about then that’s okay. If you keep writing eventually the setting naturally becomes more detailed.