Harry Potter and the Bucket of Money

http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_8562634

Yes that is right, the seventh book will be TWO movies.

I do see their reasoning as fairly solid, IF they do what they’re saying.

I am ok with it, as I like the Harry Potter movies!!

Honestly, of all the books, the seventh is the one that needs two movies the least (well, other than the first one or two, I guess). I love the book, but there are large sections where pretty much nothing - or certainly nothing movie worthy - happens.

Edit: Though maybe they’ll expand a little more on Dumbledore’s background… I wouldn’t mind that too much.

Well, I don’t like the movies all that much. I think all the movies, except the first and second, need to be two, or double the time. Although the fifth, and sixth movies should be fairly longer than all the others, they are packed with information.

my opinion is the seventh one doesnt need two movies. the fifth one shouldve been made into two movies. the fifth one had the most info out of all of them.

Hmm, I can’t really think of a natural point to break up the book into two films. They would have to mess around with the story to make that work dramatically.

As has been said, they would be better advised to cut out some of the more pointless parts. I don’t think that a couple of hundred pages of what is basically an extended camping trip would translate particularly well anyway…

the 3rd movie was the longest or it sure felt that way. The 5th so far was the shortest movie of them all despite the 5th book being the longest. You can blame its director for that who did it on purpose it seams.

I also agree with Elizabeth the 7th book had like 75-85 pages at a time that din’t feel like it advanced the story at all. I think the 7th book was maybe the worst book of them all though there has a few good parts.

I think I’ll just hold out for the Narnia movies and Artemis Fowl movie now.

I liked the 7th and it provided closure, which I think I at least needed!

I was not a fan of movie five: if David Yates does something similar with six I feel I might letter bomb his house. Joking aside, he’s crap.

When you look at the book and think how long things will take on screen, then it makes sense to have two films. Just think how long this massive battle at the end will take!

This just another way of someone milking it for all it money until the cow die lol. Anyway, I think it be good because the last book got so much stuff pack in to it that it need two movies, and also maybe they can go into more details about the gay side of Dumbledore :wink:

You don’t think its odd J.K. said he was gay until months after the 7th book came out? I think she used it as a ploy to get free advertisement.

Actually, someone asked her and she just said yes.

It’s not really important to the plot.

Yea I know, but you got to remerber that this is hollywood after all, they do anything to get more money, even if it mean they have to add a part in the movie explaining how he got gay and his relationship with Grindelwald

‘How he got gay’ - it’s not like a disease you pick up!

Also, they won’t. It’s an international children’s film. There will be no mention of homosexuality.

Furthermore, whilst you say it’s Hollywood, it does benefit from a large degree of freedom from the studio (and bites tongue about 'more tasteful British directors etc.) as well as already being enormous, and consequently not requiring such sensationalism for success.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22200

‘How he got gay’ - it’s not like a disease you pick up!

Sorry what I mean was, they probally explain how he came to term that he was gay…btw if the movies are “international children’s film” they probally wont metions death or people getting kill, which are key factors in the last three book.

this is hollywood after all, they do anything to get more money

What I mean by that was that they probally tell a couple website or magazine that they probally well mention in the movie that he is gay so more people well go to see the movie just to see if in fact they did mention that he was gay, which mean they get more money from having more people watch the movie.

Remerber they want other people to see the movie not just the hardcore harry potter fans.

I doubt they’ll mention Dumbledore’s homosexuality for exactly the reason you think they will, Eddy. If they mention it, chances are that some group will get all up in arms about having a character (and especially a character as respected as Dumbledore) portrayed as gay, and thus they may well -lose- potential viewers. Of course, it could also get more viewers that way, but I think it would be too much of a gamble for them, considering how much they stand to make with these two movies.

They dealt with Cedric’s death at length in the most recent film. I have no reason to believe that they’d ignore subsequent deaths.

[quote]this is hollywood after all, they do anything to get more money

What I mean by that was that they probally tell a couple website or magazine that they probally well mention in the movie that he is gay so more people well go to see the movie just to see if in fact they did mention that he was gay, which mean they get more money from having more people watch the movie.

Remerber they want other people to see the movie not just the hardcore harry potter fans.[/quote]

More people would go because the film mentions that he’s gay? How, exactly, do you figure? As is, Rowling has received criticism from the religious right for mentioning at all (though it was a prompted answer, not a PR stunt). Why would they invite more criticism by inserting author commentary into the flow? What they’d end up with is people picketing the films, and lots of people annoyed into not seeing them.

Remember that they want other people to see the movie, not just people who are interested in gay characters.

The difference for these morons between death and homosexuality is that homosexuality, according to them, is not inevitable in the world. Furthermore, telling someone about death is unlikely to make them realise that they are dead, whilst telling someone about homosexuality may lead to a realisation.