Consider Banning with the title "Looking for a story" in story search

Just a pet peave of mine but i’d like to be able to tell at a glance what the poster is looking for, and be able to easily reference previous searches. So the title “Looking for a story” or similar really doesn’t help much. :slight_smile:

Re: Consider Banning with the title “Looking for a story” in story search

Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to describe what you’re looking for within the subject line limits.

I’ll make you a deal. Take the 10 most recent topics with that kind of subject line and suggest an alternate that fits the limit and I’ll update them.

And for that matter unless you’re using an assistive tool that ignores them, every topic link will show you a preview of the post which will avoid even the need to click if you hover your mouse over them. Many screen readers will read that text in addition to the link text itself.

Heh i wrote my own it ignores overlays and pop outs all together. The parsing code to do that just has too many levels of recursion and i haven’t found a way to simplify that yet

Assuming you can customize it per site, this is how they’re implemented on vBulletin by default:

<div class="threadinfo" title="first few words of the first post here">

Since those divs literally can’t be nested it shouldn’t be too hard to match on them :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Renko Yanagi;66933]Assuming you can customize it per site, this is how they’re implemented on vBulletin by default:

<div class="threadinfo" title="first few words of the first post here">

Since those divs literally can’t be nested it shouldn’t be too hard to match on them :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you that helps, Now i just need to find a better way of polling the browser X11 is a pain in arse