Cheesy Old TV shows Galore!

Lately I’ve been reminiscent of old TV shows I used to watch and love, and these are TV shows I still watch with the prerequisite that I might be stoned first.

Now who here just loves old crappy and/or trippy TV shows? For me, my favorites are Rocko’s modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Invader Zim, and my all time favorite crappy TV show, the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers.

Oh how I love to see a flimsy plastic toy sword make sparks on a suit made of silk and false hopes.

chuckle Maybe I’m dating myself, but Zim is still new to me. :]

I have to say that I adore watching I Love Lucy, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, some Star Trek episodes, Cheers (which is, of course, less old), Three’s Company, and Dragnet, when I get a chance to. :smiley:

I never stoped watching some of these shows did Digimon ever get across to the states?? Or did Pokemon just out preform it… I won’t say any more cuz I’m not sure I want to admit some of the ones I watched although Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was pretty cool.

The Gummi Bears!!!

Looked them up just the other day.

Rocko’s Modern Life was one of my favorites when I was in middle school. And the theme song is done by the B-52’s, a cheesy 70’s party band which I am not afraid to admit I like. So it was even more cool.

Other classics I enjoy today… classic Nick shows back when Nickelodeon actually had decent shows with decent actors. Now it’s turning into another Disney channel with shows for stuck up, spoiled rich kids. The only good thing on Nick right now is Spongebob and maybe Drake & Josh and iCarly (only because I am a fan of Jerry Trainor – he needs to get his own show or be in a blockbuster movie). So yeah the classic Nick shows were: Adventures of Pete & Pete, Salute your Shorts, Rocko’s Modern Life, Hey Arnold, All That (BEFORE Jamie Lynn Spears was on it – once she came to Nick the network went downhill fast), The Amanda Show (you can thank that show for the success of “Drake & Josh” and “iCarly”).

Other truly classic sitcoms I enjoy – I Love Lucy, The Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour, Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Bob Newhart Show, Knight Rider, and of course… SANFORD & SON. :slight_smile:

Now, all of the above shows I am able to enjoy without needing to roll a joint or smoke a bowl. And most of these shows keep me laughing every time even if I’ve seen an episode 10 times. Back then they didn’t have to resort to excessive swearing or heavy sexual situations to make a person laugh or stay interested. I always find that interesting.

Roundhouse wasn’t TOO bad either, and, of course You Can’t Do That On Television