Amber Lynne, prelude

Amber Lynne the prelude

Amber Lynne was born in 1350 the year of Morning Star. She was the daughter of Blue Jay Son of Sparrow Hawk and Cassandra Von Castra a minor Baroness and daughter of the mayor Beregost. Blue Jay left shortly after her birth being recalled back to Earth Sea, but he did leave her a ring of silver fire to protect her incase anything ever happened.
In 1352 her mother succumbed to the plague, she was then sent to live with her Aunt in Baldur’s Gate. Amber’s aunt sent a letter to the arch mage upon hearing of her sister’s demise, this letter was wildly diverted. It wasn’t until 5 year after it was sent that it reached her father. Unfortunately for her, the caravan that was transporting her was attacked, by Gnollish raiders. The Gnolls originally attempted to slaughter her but as they tried the ring she was given struck out as killed several of them. Unsure of what to do with her and afraid of being killed or injured, the Gnolls kept her prisoner in a cave. There she spent several year of her life, growing up almost feral. The only contact she had was with a kobold name Elbrith, the Gnolls called him Fetch. Fetch helped teach her to speak common, but wasn’t allowed much contact from that as to do so would have cost him his life.
Blue Jay traveled to Faerun during the time of troubles as the gods walked Toril. Using the ring Blue Jay was able to find and save not only Amber Lynne but Elbrith as well. Upon returning to his home Blue Jay began the task of taming Amber Lynne.
His first task was to teach Amber that to live in a normal household. She needed to learn how to eat as a person. He taught her to wear clothes, and to interact with as a fairly normal person. He also tried toilet training her, but to no avail. He then contacted a cleric of Ilmater. This cleric helped heal her mind but was unable to help toilet train her. After she was unable to help, Blue Jay went and tried one of the most powerful spells he knew. He cast wish, but though he aged five by the spell nothing happened. That night as he rested and prayed to Mystra, being one of her chosen he hopes she would guide him in a way to help his daughter. Mystra the goddess of magic, then appeared to him and said. “Blue Jay my child, what did you give up for your magic?”
Blue Jay thought then answered, “My health my mistress.”
“Then know this nothing in magic can be obtained with out sacrifice, and Amber has given hers.” With that the vision faded.
The next day Blue Jay awoke and decided that his daughter though not continent was sufficiently civilized. He then hired a nurse; named Helga to look after her. Amber was still a very nervous child but, she grew in magic as prodigy and would later grow to quiet the mage herself. Aside from needing diapers, her life was just about as normal as it could be aside from her half sister Dellia being a half demon, her half brother Eagle Song being a half-elf, and living in a keep on an island above Eli an amethyst dragon, with Kaltalegris a drow elf, Elbrith his apprentice and a half-orc named Falgor.

Amber Lynne, prelude

Everyone loves Baldur’s gate, but…

Amber Lynne, prelude

I just can’t get into anything that combines D&D style fantasy and diapers. To me there is a wall of seperation between the two, and it must be kept high and impreginable. That doesn’t mean that you should stop writting this style, it just means that I most likely won’t read much of it.

Amber Lynne, prelude

i can never understand these types of stories there to far out there for me and there to hard to imagining
but thats just me maybe

Amber Lynne, prelude

Three words: Blasphor’s Magical Diapers. Encyclopedia Magica, Vol 1., pg.173 (originally from The Book of Wonderous Inventions). Also referred to as “diapers of enchantment” on pg. 175 (and it makes it in terms of cloth, rather than individual diapers, so…yeah, its easy to imagine a few adult adventurers deciding to go in for that).

Its not exactly DLish, but they’re magical cloth diapers that transmute 95% of the waste going into them into pure oxygen, and 5% into baby powder.

…yes. Using these magical products makes undersea civilizations suddenly viable.

Please note that I haven’t fully read the story, but I did feel the need to reference odd trivia.

Amber Lynne, prelude

Three words: Blasphor’s Magical Diapers. Encyclopedia Magica, Vol 1., pg.173 (originally from The Book of Wonderous Inventions). Also referred to as “diapers of enchantment” on pg. 175 (and it makes it in terms of cloth, rather than individual diapers, so…yeah, its easy to imagine a few adult adventurers deciding to go in for that).[/quote]

… Wow. I am highly impressed that you know that. :smiley: I thought I was a complete nerd.

Amber Lynne, prelude

I’ve got a good library. Plus it was one of all of like…4 items in the entire four book set that really stood out to me. One of the other ones being the “Staff of Striking”, which when swung produces a giant sign that says “On Strike! PCs Unfair to Magical Items!”, and the “Helm of 40 Watt Brilliance”, which gives blatantly obvious common sense answers to idiots who put it on.